Chapter 27//Boring politics part 1

Kyle's POV

War is brewing.

Like blood sinking into the nearby horizon that is yet to take its place above our heads. I can feel its effects slowly dripping down onto every one of us, our fear beginning to cloud our judgment, like the blood clouding our sight of what's ahead.

Chaos has sprung from the womb of this war. It's agonisingly slow paced politics pulling on every single string that's tying my mind in place. I can see it having a similar effect on all those around me.

Luke has lost his well measured sense of order and focus and is instead focusing on ending the war by any means possible. However,I can see that he still holds onto that part of himself that replaces chaos with humour in an attempt to blow off any feuds.

The pack is filled with a visible sense of fear. It fills their eyes with a faint mist, able to be seen by only werewolves. It's well known that our emotions are very easily shown. If you will, we wear our hearts on our sleeves. I've never been very ashamed of it, but some people are. They decide to hide their insecurities with aggression. I fear that this war is bringing out all of these people. The ones who will do anything to succeed.

However, throughout all of this drama, Ella has stayed in a state of anxiety. I can see it in her eyes and body language that she is out for blood. She wants this war to end, as it was started because of the smallest mistake that she made. She just wanted to save us from Rocky's sickly clutches, that isn't something that she should be punished for.

"Ella?"

She looks up at me from her cross legged position on the bed.

"We have to go. The meeting is about to start" I murmur, rubbing her shoulder.

She gulps and nods at me.

"Yeah I know. I guess I was just hoping that if I sat here long enough then all of this bullshit would just go away."

I nod back at her in understanding.

"Well unfortunately for the both of us, Rocky is still sitting somewhere in those god forsaken woods being just as big of a dickhead as ever, with that agreement in hand."

She nods once more before burying her head in her hands in frustration.

"It's my fault" she mumbles through her palms.

I sigh and sit down beside her on the crisp baby blue sheets.

"No it isn't."

"Yes it is," she starts," if I had just stayed with him and waited until he released you then none of this would be happening!".

"Ella" I start, placing both hands on her shoulders, "if I had been forced to leave you at that awful place, then I would have been the one coming to get you. Don't you get that? No matter what would you would have done, I would have found a way to get to you, even if it meant breaking the agreement. Plus, either way Rocky was not going to let us go."

She huffs in annoyance and shrugs my hands off her shoulders, making her way over to the window.

"How do you know that?" she asks, throwing her hands up in the air.

I look across the room at her from my spot on the bed and furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"I don't know Ella, maybe because they left us in that stupid cell with no food, no water and no idea what was going to happen to us!" I say, raising my voice a bit.

She releases a heavy breath and looks down to her feet with her arms crossed. I swiftly rise from the bed and wrap her in a soft embrace.

"It's not your fault. You have to believe that, because if you don't then no one else will either."