Chapter 14//The hunters

Hi all! This is my last chapter until next Friday so I'll try to make it long since I'm writing it over Saturday and Sunday. Thanks to everyone who has left comments, they really make my day. Plus I just got up to 4K reads, so a thank you to all my readers. 

The wind whips my hair over my shoulders, with small strands flicking on my back. I'm starting to really regret my choice of clothing as my skirt is riding up and my heels are killing me. The girls and I are racing across the courtyard in our party dresses in an attempt to make it back to the room before Kyle can take me.

"God, these heels are killing me!"Ashley whines.

"Take them off before he comes out then!"Saskia says bluntly, while gasping for breath.

All four of us tear off our heels and our jackets, leaving me in my skirt and crop top. Then a thunderous growl echoes through the courtyard. I stop and turn to see Kyle pushing past all the party goers with a murderous look in his eye. But as he's racing across the grass with the speed of a bullet he is stopped by a pitch black stiletto hitting him in the face. Kyle tumbles to the floor, cussing as I spot Ashley holding her other stiletto while laughing her head off. 

I can't help but laugh as well, until I'm interrupted by Kyle. He flicks his head up from the ground, red eyes blazing and looks at Ashley like she is a meal.

"Shit."I hear her whisper before we all continue our escape. Kyle is up and running again a second later. 

The wind pounds on my cheeks, that are tinged pink from the cold. 

"How is he so damn fast?"Saskia mumbles  in between her heavy breaths.

"I don't know but he isn't alone!"Becca replies, clearly frightened.

Then I notice that several of the edge water werewolves have appeared around the courtyard. They are now circling it so that we have no way to escape. We quickly come to a stop and look for a way out.

"Damn it", i mumble realising we are trapped. By this point several crowds have formed in windows viewing into the courtyard. I see girls cheering for us and guys cheering for Kyle. 

I see him taking in the surrounding crowds and smirking. This only makes me angrier. First he thinks that he has the right to kidnap me for my 'safety', when really it would be assuring my imminent death. Now he has the nerve to mock me. ME?!

"I thought you would have learnt from our previous fights Kyle. I always win." I say, smirking.

This makes his smirk fall.

"Oh please. You may have won the battles, but I'll win the war. If you hadn't noticed I am an alpha and do you know what alphas have? A pack," he chuckles, "I doubt even with your fancy lightning bolts you could take out my entire pack.". This earns laughs from the wolfs surroundings us.

"You know what Kyle... You're right. I can't defeat you on my own. But lucky for me I have my own pack." I respond, before slowly walking back in line with my three room mates who are now baring their canines.

His smirk resurfaces.

"Sure, we can all have a big sleepover!" he says in a girly voice, earning snickers from the crowd of boys and glares from the crowd of girls.

"I'd like to make sure he has a very long sleep" Ashley mumbles just loud enough for Kyle to hear. The four of us snicker at Kyle's annoyed expression.

"I'd like to see you try, pup" Kyle replies.

Ashley's eyes flare before drifting to a dull glow.

"Let's not forget that I have two shoes pretty boy".

Laughter erupts from the crowd making Kyle even more livid.