Chapter 24//The ice inside

*comment if you love the new Taylor Swift song as much as I do 😍😍

Ella's POV
I remember waking up to the sound of fighting and death. Its pain filled melody lurked into my eardrums, shattering my long awaited rest. It had been days since I had last slept, though the pleasure was short lived.

As my eyes flutter open I see a tall looking figure standing on top of someone else. At first I think that the figure standing is Kyle, based on his blond hair and green eyes. But I soon realise that it is only someone who looks very similar to Kyle, who is in fact standing on top of him.

My heart breaks as I take in his bloodied face, and defeat filled expression. Then it fills with anger as I notice the smirk that the guy on top of him is wearing. Without thinking I hurl him at a tree and we begin to fight.

But the rest is history, because I am now locked inside a rusty shed in the middle of no where. Kyle is lying somewhere nearby and I'm not sure whether he's alive or not. The anxiety filling me is scary.

I wish I could do something, but at the moment I'm hanging by my hands so my powers are useless.

Jeez I'm such a disappointment. No matter what I do it always hurts the people I care about. I tried to save Kyle and ended up leaving him for dead. No. I have to have hope that he made it out ok.

If he didn't then I will kill any person that may have been even slightly connected to his death. Just thinking about the sickening look I had gotten from that guy who kidnapped me fills my system with a fierce substance that reacts with every part of my being. Except this time, the anger inside of me doesn't feel hot like a boiling tide, it feels cold. It's like my anger is freezing me from the inside out, my blood turning to ice. I have become the definition of a cold bitch!

Then just as quickly as it had formed, the ice in my blood dissipates, leaving behind a numb feeling in my hands. Realising what had happened I focus all my energy on the ropes binding me and release the icy feeling in my veins. A gust of ice seems to expel from the cells in my hands and the ropes binding me immediately freeze and then shatter into bits at my weight.

I land in a crouch, staring at my palms. I test out this new power by imagining a gust of wind or an icicle and just as I had expected, they appear out of thin air. My emotion had just turned into a part of me. A literal part of me.

Then I set out on my plan for revenge.

I know what I have to do. I will escape and find Kyle, then I will kill them all. A steady determination fills me and I expel it in the form of a tsunami of ice. This time the ice comes out of every crevice in my body and obliterates the shed around me. I'm now standing outside, in a wide clearing in the woods. There are tents, houses, small buildings and training mats surrounding me.

But the best part of it all is that I am now surrounded by over 100 tall, buff men, who are looking absolutely terrified. A smirk creeps onto my face as I spot the guy who had knocked me out.

"Woah woah. No need to get violent. We won't hurt you. I'm Rocky by the way," he says extending a hand.

I brush off his greeting like it were a stray fly buzzing near my ear.

"No need to get violent? NO NEED TO GET VIOLENT?!?! YOU JUST KIDNAPPED ME AND ALMOST KILLED MY MATE!!! YOU CAN GO TO HELL FOR ALL I CARE!!", I shout as loud as I can.

He seems to flinch at the anger in my voice.

"Now now, you wouldn't have wanted to stay with that tool anyway. Now you and me combining forces could do some real damage. Just think of all the things we could accomplish, with your powers and the size of my pack."

He seems convinced of his argument and almost completely certain of my answer.

"Go to hell."

At first he seems confused by my response, then he seems angry.

"Well if you won't come willingly then there's always the second option."

Within a second his pack has begun their approach, but as if I would let myself get captured again.

I release yet another torrent of ice and this time it is bigger than any I have expelled before. It freezes at least 75 of his men solid. The remaining portion stand in afighting stance beside Rocky, looking quite pissed.

"I think you might want to reconsider the 'size of your pack'."

The glare I receive has daggers imbedded into it. However, it then softens as if he is remembering or realising something.

"Ella, you have extraordinary abilities and I can tell that they are growing by the minute. We need you to do what we are planning and as I said before, you can either come willingly or not."

"Who do you think you are?!?".

He chuckles under his breath.

"I'm Kyle's brother."

My breath catches in my throat. How can this asswipe be related to Kyle?! But then I take another look at him, noticing the similar features, and remembering how I had mistaken them earlier on.

"Wait. So you're my mate's brother?!".

"Yup," he replies, a satisfied smirk coming onto his face as he realises he has something on me.

I shake my head.

"That doesn't mean anything. You left him for dead, you don't deserve to be related to him. He's a good alpha. You? You're just trash."

This seems to spark a fuse inside of him as anger floods his features. This time it is my turn to smirk.

"Now if you don't mind I'll be leaving now."

With that, I spin on my heel and walk away from him. However, he doesn't seem to be as inclined about letting me go, as a hand grasps my arm and tugs me backward. I am now staring right into his curious eyes, our faces inches apart.

"Why won't you trust me?"

"I don't know, maybe because you a psychopath trying to kill my mate!"

He laughs lightly then looks back up at me, moving even closer, so that I can feel the warmth from his chest.

"There's always the event in which you reject him, since I can see that you are still unmarked."

I gulp thinking back to all the things I did trying to reject him. Trying to reject the boy I love. Jeez a lot has happened in 2 weeks.

"Look, if you're going out to search for Kyle then don't bother because I have him here in my safe custody".

My eyes widen at this and I begin to struggle in his grasp.

"Woah woah, all in good time. How about we make a deal. You hear me out and I'll let you, Kyle and the rest of his pack go."

I'm cautious around the offer but I know that it would be better to do this than risk anyone else being killed.

I nod grudgingly and he beams down at me, stepping back to extend his hand.

"Come have a chat with me in my 'office' will you?".

I look from him to his extended hand and then silently accept his offer by walking straight past him, back towards his camp. I make sure to give him a right, good shoulder shove on my way past him as well. Just for good measure.

I have no idea as to what he is planning but I do know one thing...

No matter what he has to offer, I'm escaping with Kyle and his pack, tonight.

Hi all. I was bored so I made this extra slightly short chapter to make up for Fridays missed chapter. Hope I don't receive too much hate for the late updates.

Xoxo