(14) I don't know, is there?

Primrose's POV

I wake up two minutes before my alarm and sigh. How dare you wake up before you're supposed to?! Now I'll never get those two minutes back!

I slug out of bed and get ready for school. If Esme makes you do some stupid ass chores on your birthday, we're running away.

Outfit:

Esme and Cassy requested pancakes, so I cooked a few while watching We Bare Bears

Esme and Cassy requested pancakes, so I cooked a few while watching We Bare Bears. I love that the episodes are just 10 minutes!

When I set the table, I hear Lilac honking like a crazy person. I quickly grab my backpack and run towards her car.

"Happy motherfucking birthday bitch!" Lilac shouts.

"Thank you, boo," I say, hugging her.

"I'm sorry I can't hang out with you after school." She says, frowning.

"I understand your club forced you into the commitment. And anyway, we already have plans this weekend." I say, shrugging.

While she pulls into the school parking lot, I glance at the back of her car. "Are those duck cupcakes?" I ask.

"Of course. I asked for edible ducks, but they couldn't do it." She says sadly.

I hug her and say, "I love it!"

I open the box and hand her one. She grabs a candle, and I place it on my cupcake. "Please don't-" I get cut off by Lilac screaming the happy birthday song.

I laugh and make a quick wish. She claps and smirks at something behind me. "Why are you making that face?" I ask, turning to see Alex and Matt standing beside the car.

I smile at Alex and Matt, and I get out of her car. "Happy birthday!" Matt says, handing me a card.

"Thank you!" I say, giving him a quick hug. Lilac appears beside me and kisses Matt on the cheek.

Alex and I glance at each other and pretend to gag. "So rude, guys," Matt says, playfully glaring at us.

Alex laughs and turns to me. "Happy birthday Rose." He says, handing me a bouquet of roses.

"Thank you!" I say, smelling them. I notice Matt smirking at Alex, and Alex rolls his eyes.

"And Lilac told me your bubble tea order." He says, handing me the drink.

I look at all of them and feel happy tears forming. "You guys are the best," I say, bringing all of them into a group hug. I never thought so many people would care about us after our parents passed.

"We know," Lilac says, laughing.

We all separate and hear the bell ring. I grab my backpack and cupcakes and leave everything else in Lilac's car.