(16) You want to be just friends...

Primrose's POV

"Do you think he'll like it?" I ask Lilac, showing her my outfit.

Outfit:

"Your ass looks amazing

"Your ass looks amazing." She says, smirking.

I flip her off and say, "I already know ho."

"But for real, I'm sure he'll love whatever you wear." She says reassuringly.

"Do you think I'm trying too hard by curling my hair?" I ask.

"No, stop overthinking!" Lilac shouts.

"What if he doesn't show up? I knew he was suspicious!" I say, glaring at my reflection.

"This is a negativity-free zone. So I'm gonna need you to stop talking shit about yourself." Lilac says seriously.

I hear someone banging on my door, and I stare at Lilac. She smiles and says, "Go answer it! Your Prince Charming is waiting."

I end the FaceTime and grab my purse. I open it to see Esme standing outside. I knew that knocking wasn't polite. She looks me up and down and asks, "Where are you going looking like a slut?"

My shoulders sag when I realize it isn't Alex, and I frown. "There's this school club event I have to attend. I'm supposed to dress up..." I lie.

"And that's your best? No wonder your life is pathetic." She scoffs. Ouch. Not going to lie. That kind of hurt.

I see Alex from a distance, and I shoo him away. "Well, before you leave, you have to clean up the mess in the kitchen. Cassy tried baking a cake from scratch. I'm off to go shopping with my friends." She says, turning around.

"Oh... You probably don't know what that's like." She adds. I roll my eyes and watch her walk back into the house.

I glance back in Alex's direction and see he's hiding near a bush. I laugh and motion for him to stay there.

Dick Appointment 🥵❤️:

The wicked witch is leaving, so make sure she doesn't spot you

Will do

Once I hear her car leave, Alex walks toward me. "Hey... Um, I have to clean the kitchen." I say quietly.

"You mean we have to clean the kitchen," Alex says, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know Cassy was baking." I frown and feel tears forming. What is wrong with me? I don't know.

"Hey, it's okay. I just want to spend time with you. I don't care what we do." He says softly.

I hold in a sob and bury my face in his chest. "My parents don't even get to see that I'm on a date. And my dad doesn't get to threaten you like in the movies. I have to fucking clean again. And Esme called me a slut." I say, feeling tired.