~Epilogue~

Primrose's POV
(Big time skip!)

Lilac helps me into my wedding dress and claps excitedly. "My best friend is getting married!" She says, shaking my shoulders.

I fix my hair and show Lilac the final look. "Ta-da!" I say with jazz hands.

Outfit:

"You look gorgeous

"You look gorgeous." She says, holding back tears.

"I'm so nervous. What if he changes his mind?" I ask, wringing my hands.

"He won't," Lilac says confidently. "And if it helps, Matt told me Alex told him he's not backing out. Are you?" She asks. "Cause I know the perfect way to escape completely off the grid." She stares.

I laugh and say, "I don't even want to know how you found that out." I stare at my reflection and take a deep breath. "I'm ready," I say.

A few minutes later, they signal me that it's time to start. I walk down the aisle and smile at my soon-to-be husband. For a moment, it felt like it was just us.

Nah, I'm still here bitch. What if you mess up your vows or accidentally say I don't?! That would be so embarrassing.

The thoughts automatically vanish when I stop in front of Alex. After he wipes away his tear, he takes his hands into mine and mouths, "I love you." I mouth it back while the priest starts talking.

Alex is the first to recite his vows and says, "You are the kindest, most sincere, loveliest woman I know, and I am lucky to hold your hand, be in your arms, and in your heart. If you have me, I will make my arms your shelter and my heart our home. From you, I've learned how to dream and what it is to have a loving partner who supports your dreams. I vow to help you in your dreams and desires and to create a life, a family, and a loving home as your husband."

I hold back my tears and try to control my shakey voice. "I vow to always protect you from harm, to stand with you against your troubles, and look to you when I need protection. I give you the best of me, my heart, my soul, forever. It is clear to me now that everything in my life has led me to you - I think back on all my choices and consider even the bad ones blessed because if I had done even one thing differently, I might never have met you and become your wife." I say.

"Do you, Alexander King take Primrose Martinez to be your lawfully wedded wife?" Asks the priest.

"I do," Alex says, sliding a ring onto my finger.

"And do you, Primrose Martinez take Alex King to be your lawfully wedded husband?" The priest asks me.

"I do," I say, doing the same.

"With the power invested in me, I may now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." The priest says.

Alex grabs my waist and presses his lips against mine. "I love you, Primrose King. You are now my queen." He says.

I chuckle and say, "I love you more."

While the food is almost done getting set up, we take a few more photos. When the food is ready, everyone starts to eat or chat with others. I grab a plate and start putting everything I want to eat.

"Rose, we're supposed to dance first," Alex says, gently grabbing my wrist.

"B-but chicken..." I say, pouting.

"I want to dance with my wife." He says, copying my pout.

I grin when I hear that and say, "I guess you're a teeny bit more important than food..."

"I also love you." He adds.

"I'd hope so. We share the same last name now." I mumble.

He chuckles and presses a light kiss on my forehead. We move to the middle, and our song starts. We chose the music we first danced to when we met, and I feel like I'm back in high school dancing with him for the first time.

Alex grins at the memories and whispers, "I still remember our first dance together. Now this is our first dance as husband and wife. You looked like a goddess then and still are. Especially in this dress."

Before I can respond, he follows up with, "I can't wait to take it off you tonight." Hell ya! No. Stop it. I bite back a grin, and I slap his arm.

He smirks, and I hide my blushing face into his shoulder. "I hate you," I mutter.

I rest my forehead against Alex's and peck his lips. "My mom may be gone, but she definitely helped me find you with that bracelet." I joke.

"And I'm thankful for it every day." He says, twirling me around.

"I love you," I say, almost tearing up. You are a married bitch now! Woohoo!

"And I love you." He says, pulling me in for another kiss.

<~~~~~~~~~~>

Here's the website I got the vows from! https://www.weddingpaperdivas.com/wedding-tips-and-ideas/wedding-vows/romantic.htm

Thank you for reading! ☺️

Please vote and comment if you liked it!

Byeeeeeeeeee! 👋