0 | Prologue

Sasuke was twelve years old now and his behavior became cold and bitter toward others by the day. But to say that it was his fault would be a big mistake. No, it wasn't even close to his fault that he had grown bitter around this time of year. Hagami's birthday was tomorrow, and he wanted no part of it. She donned the mask of the enemy, and he was going to be the one who killed her. He had already made up his mind, Itachi had given him the idea, and he was now going to follow through. He had honed his skills, poisoned his mind with hatred, and had Itachi and Shisui train him whenever they got the chance. He refused to stop until he got a skill and pushed himself too hard at times to end him in the hospital. Of course he got an earful from Mikoto at that time but that was nothing he really took into consideration. Instead, he began to push himself more frequently especially during this time of year.

Itachi was seventeen right now, going on eighteen sooner or later. He trained tirelessly in the Anbu Root where he currently resides. He took missions from both Danzō and Hiruzen at times. He still knew the truth about Hagami but that didn't prevent him from hearing the stories about her. She hadn't killed anyone, she never has. But many of the things she's done were underhanded and dirty work for the Akatsuki. She's captured, interrogated, and a couple stories says she's tortured members from almost every Village in the Five Great Nations. Almost. Hagami hadn't touched Konohagakure since her departure about five to six years ago.

Shisui had been impacted the most. He was almost twenty which meant he was about a year and a half older than Hagami. He also resided in the Anbu but only the Black Ops which worked right under Hiruzen. This was also a hard time of the year for him. He didn't mean to avoid everyone, he just did. In fact, he made sure that he steered clear of the Uchiha Clan the closer it got to the day. So right now, he stood at the edge of the waterfall that plummeted down to the river. The sunset was nearing, only a few more hours. Soft voices rang in the back of his mind reminding him of all the training sessions they have had there and the petty arguments and the funny randomness. He bit his lip gently, thinking of all the good moments they had,

Hagami was around eighteen and a half right now and she pulled her cloak closer to her body. Despite the atmosphere being welcoming and familiar, she hid underneath her cloak careful to conceal her chakra and herself as a whole. Silently, she made up her mind and leapt down from the tree she was in. Figuring out a way to slip into Konohagakure wasn't hard at all, it was getting back out she was tense about. Her footsteps rang against the silent landscape and she stopped a meter behind Shisui.

"You can't be here, Hagami-sa-" Shisui stopped himself and sealed his lips. Hagami watched as he shakily took a seat on the grassy landscape and she walked a little closer. Her footsteps were silent no matter how loud Shisui imagined them. "What am I doing? ...she's really not here." He muttered to himself. "I still wish I could've done more for you." Hagami's silhouette that Shisui had imaged slowly dissipated into thin air, a sorrowful look on both of their faces.

Where Hagami really was was the Akatsuki's main base in Amegakure. The skies seemed to weep even more today as Hagami held her knees closer to her chest. Her hair had grown out a lot, just to brush the bed even whilst in a ponytail. A couple of flyaway hairs framed her face but that was besides the point. In front of her laid a picture that she had taken with her before she abandoned her home. Fugaku stood in the left quarters of the picture and to his right stood Mikoto. They each had a hand on Sasuke's shoulder. Itachi was more off to the side of Mikoto with what would be a more stern look painting his face if it hadn't been for Hagami wrapping her arm around his neck. This resulted in a surprised look and Hagami wearing a goofy smile with her free hand forming a peace sign. The picture brought a soft smile to her face, she longed to go home. But she had discarded that opportunity long ago.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Hagami jerked her head to the door to see it slowly open. Konan stepped inside, a small package in her hand. Instead of walking it over to her, she tossed it at her which she caught easily nonetheless. She mentioned, "It's for your birthday. Open it."