After Story | 1.1

Part II

"Hagami always dreaded the idea of holding too much power in her eyes. She was hesitant to be brought into the light and to have her eyes exposed to greedy onlookers. She didn't want to try to fight away people who wanted her eyes for their own selfish desire. So she locked her eyes away and focused on perfecting her own, natural strength by fighting with her keen senses." Shisui said but it was more of a murmur.

"So she was afraid of it being used to someone else's advantage? And she was afraid of the power it possessed?" Sasuke asked now completely ignoring his hesitance.

"I guess that's one way to look at it." Shisui nodded.

"What if I awaken my Mangekyō Sharingan?"

"Well, you would undoubtedly achieve massive amounts of power...but at the cost of your light, or eyesight." Shisui answered. "Oh, you achieve the Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, and Susanoo as well but all three of them are somewhat painful to perform."

"What do you mean?" Sasuke asked.

"The Amaterasu puts an enormous strain on the right or left eye, whichever it's awakened in, and can result in it bleeding. It strains your vision dramatically too which leads to blindness." Shisui began explaining each of the techniques achieved by the Mangekyō Sharingan. "The Tsukuyomi is casted by the opposite eye, an Ultimate Genjutsu you could call it, and like the Amaterasu, it puts an enormous strain too.

"But the Susanoo causes the most pain. Despite willing to the user it and being the ultimate defense and offense, it can be described as every cell in the body being in searing pain." Shisui concluded and Sasuke's mouth parted slightly. He hadn't been expecting that it could be this powerful but with such a big price.

"You can use the Susanoo, can't you?" Sasuke asked, a glint in his eyes. It reminded Shisui of how Sasuke used to be when he was younger.

"Of course, I've obtained the Mangekyō Sharingan already." Shisui responded.

"How come you haven't gone blind, yet?" Sasuke asked curiously.

"Well, I don't use it much, to begin with," Shisui started, "I prefer not to actually unless it's absolutely needed. If anything, if I'm about to die I'll use it."

---

"Raiton, Raikou Hitofuki no Jutsu (Lightning Style, Lightning Blast Jutsu)!" Sasuke crossed his arms over his head, his palms facing outward and his hands near his head. When he found the steady sound of electricity cracking in his ears and he threw his arms down behind him and ran forward.

The pain probably burned the tops of his arms but he ignored it. Approaching the rocky cliff side in one of the training grounds, he raised his left arm up. When he got close enough, he bore down on the rock in a dented area where he had lashed out at already. When his fist came in contact with the wall, a few sparks went off and chipped away further at the rock, denting it a few more centimeters.

Sasuke leapt back when the jutsu died down. His arms visibly shook from the pain of it too. He took a glance at them. At the moment, they looked raw but they're only red. They'd be back to normal in about an hour or two though the pain would linger for a while longer.

"You're channeling too much chakra throughout your body instead of focusing it back toward your arms." Someone approached the training grounds. "That's Hagami's jutsu, correct?" Kakashi allowed his book to falter to one side so he could see Sasuke. Sasuke on the other hand looked stunned--quite literally--since he hadn't sensed the other Jōnin until he made his presence audibly.

"Yes, this is her jutsu." Sasuke responded in a chilling voice.

"And you do know that's a change in chakra form? Not so much nature since you've already worked on the Chidori." Kakashi raised a brow.

"I'm aware. What business do you have here?" He asked, confused as to why his Sensei had trekked all the way out to the training grounds when he was normally a tardy man.

"I came here because I know that Shisui, Itachi, and Fugaku are all occupied. And with you being promoted to a position in the Police Force, your other two teammates have been taking missions without you." Kakashi answered nonchalantly. But this nonchalant manner shot something through Sasuke's heart. He knew he's been distancing himself from Sakura and Naruto but that feeling hasn't bothered him up until this point in time.

"How are they?" He suddenly asked and Kakashi's visible eye softened.

"I'm glad you still retain some of your compassion," Kakashi said and Sasuke winced quietly, "but they're doing fine. Naruto is preparing to go on a three year mission with Jiraiya-Sensei, and I've heard that Sakura is going to be training with Tsunade in both Medical Ninjutsu and precise chakra control.

"But then there's you, what're you planning?" Kakashi asked seeing as though he hasn't gotten a goal from Sasuke. Unlike Naruto and Sakura, he's the one who hasn't really announced his path.

"I'm going to do the Uchiha Tradition where a handful of the top go to the Feudal Lord's house, or somewhere near there, for their three year training regime." Sasuke finally answered. His voice was dead serious and Kakashi raised a brow again.

Normally Uchiha only over the age of seventeen go to that. Kakashi thought momentarily.

"I thought that Uchiha as young as you weren't allowed to be in company of the others." Kakashi pointed out. Sasuke scoffed.

"I'm at the top of my class and the strongest. Otousan allowed me to go, therefore I will. Shisui will be attending too so if things get out of hand, he can step in, not that it's going to happen." Sasuke muttered the last part begrudgingly.

"Yes, you're at the top of your class but I wouldn't say the strongest. Naruto's going to catch up with you. He's already learned the Rasengan." Kakashi prodded at Sasuke with his words.

"He won't be for long. I'll leave him in the dust." Sasuke hissed at Kakashi.

"And then there's always Sakura. Compared to her, your chakra control is less notable. Maybe she'll be stronger in terms of brute force because she's probably going to learn Tsunade's technique where she releases a burst of chakra upon contact. You and I have both seen the damage it leaves behind." Kakashi continued to prod at Sasuke only to receive a sharp glare. But it wasn't just one of Sasuke's normal glares, he had his Sharingan activated too.

"What're you getting at Kakashi?" Sasuke growled through gritting teeth.

"I'm saying you need to step up your game." Kakashi answered in a steady tone. "Sasuke, take a chance at sparring others beside Uchiha. Spar with Naruto and get a different feel for another person. Everyone holds different skills. With that new katana of your's, try a match with Tenten, or maybe fight with hand-to-hand combat with Lee.

"Perhaps a group sparring match, to sharpen your senses. You didn't sense me walk into the area, now did you?" Kakashi asked and the hesitation Sasuke had made the answer clear. "This is what I'm talking about. You can have an ambition, but don't make your ambition your life. Value your friends and let them help you." Kakashi concluded which left Sasuke to ponder everything his Sensei said.

"I'll try." Sasuke finally murmured but turned away immediately after. Before Kakashi could begin speaking again, Sasuke was already back at training which left former in a checkmate position. He wouldn't be able to speak with Sasuke for the rest of the day, now that he had something else on his mind. So he left for the time being, and allowed Sasuke to think over what he said without him hovering over his shoulder.