3 | Rain

A kunai zipped through the air, barely slitting the skin on top of Kankurō right hand. But the pain was more than enough to make him drop Konohamaru to the ground. The boy landed with a thud as he tried to regain the air that had been squeezed out of him. The kunai landed in the wood nearby where a girl about four years older than the two of them landed. She retrieved her kunai and tucked it away into her ninja pouch.

However, just as she was about to turn up to face the two Sunagakure ninja, she heard some the sound of a rock being thrown up and down in someone's hand. She glanced over her shoulder, and she tried to hide the surprise from her eyes.

Sasuke. She thought distantly and turned back to the two Sunagakure nin. She spoke in a smooth voice, "I know you're here for the Chūnin Exams but that doesn't give you the right to assault the villagers nor the other competitors." She let a faint glare slip past her eyes, a warning for the two of them. She was also expecting a snarky reply from either of the two of them but instead she got a much higher pitched voice shriek at her,

"O-Oi! Who are you?!" Sakura cut the silence after she spoke and the silver haired girl looked to Sakura. Her eyes were a gleaming yellow and she gave Sakura a friendly smile. She was clad in a kimono style shirt that wrapped around her neck and would of left her shoulders bare if it weren't for the cropped cloak she wore—a noticeable clothing choice of Amegakure. Her pants, or rather capris, were also black like her shirt and her ninja sandals went along with the rest of her outfit: black. Bandages adorned her wrists and shins too.

"Ah, my name is Aki, I'm from Amegakure." She said pointing to her forehead protector. "Who are you?" She asked glancing between the four of them. She already knew Naruto from previous times but the girl was someone new as well as the kids.

"Haruno...Sakura." She responded. "And the kids are-"

"Another punk to tick me off." Kankurō cut Sakura off and Aki averted her gaze to him. Though her eyes were a gleaming yellow, they held some sort of backstory too, a careful and cautious one at that. But her façade was up so she doubted anyone could see through it because what others probably saw was a nasty glare.

"Who're calling a punk you brat?" Aki sneered placing her hand on the tantō's hilt. She drew it so fast that it only flashed in the light before it was in front of her body. "We're here for the Chūnin Exams, not to start an all out free for all. In other words, either pipe down or get lost." She finished with an emotionless look in her eyes.

"Oi, don't you start talking to us like that you punk. You're not so high and mighty, I've heard about Amegakure before and they seem like they're pushovers." Kankurō threatened and took a step toward Aki. "And you're the kind of smart aleck little punk I despise the most." Kankurō wasn't wrong about her being little, she was at least a half a foot shorter than him.

"Matte (Wait)! You aren't thinking of using Crow right now, are you?" Temari suddenly became concerned and her eyes narrowed into the back of Kankurō's head. Despite this, Kankurō ignored her concern and took out what was on his back.

So he's a Puppet Master, just like him. Aki thought and repositioned her tantō in front of her. She also didn't fail to notice the presence behind her beside Sasuke either. Her eyes turned away from the fight, to watch as the person filled in the presence.

Aki's hair stood on end when she recognized the chakra. It was Gaara, the Jinchūriki of the Ichibi. He stood nonchalantly, calm even upside down on one of the tree limbs. She knew for a face that Sasuke didn't sense him yet, as well as Naruto, Sakura and definitely the children.

Well that's both Jinchūriki. She thought sheathing her tantō. She glanced at Kankurō and Temari to see if they had sensed his presence too; she had no reason to fight right now and she really didn't want to either. Neither of them noticed until he spoke, "Kankurō, stop that. You're an embarrassment to our Village. Why do you think we came all the way here to Konohagakure?" Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke, Temari, and the kids let out a soft gasp when they realized there was one more person that had joined the scene. Sasuke merely flinched, trying to conceal his shock and surprise that someone was that skilled to sneak up on them.

"P-Please listen to me G-Gaara..." Kankurō trailed off. His voice was completely different from before because this time it was polite and possibly fearful. "They lashed out first!"

"Damare (Shut up)!" Gaara snapped in a calm voice. But behind this façade laid a much more dark, and violent disposition, one that is constantly wavering between stalling this power and letting it run free. Aki didn't fail to notice this, she kept her senses sharp around him. Her mission was to make sure that both Jinchūriki would be present in Konohagakure right now but by the looks of it now, there's a slim chance she wouldn't make it back out of the Village. "Or I'll kill you." He whispered with a voice full of bloodlust.

"U-Understood, I was wrong." Kankurō stuttered over his words and held his hands up in surrender. "I-I'm sorry, I'm really sorry." Gaara seemed to take his apology into consideration hence the stagnant atmosphere began to lift. Gaara turned his head to take in the appearances of the other group of ninja.

"I'm sorry about that..." He apologized to them but in an emotionless tone. Before disappearing into sand, he took a glance of Sasuke and then to Aki. Their eyes lingered in a silent conversation that went nowhere. Finally, he broke his eye contact, her appearance or very being not raising any red flags and he appeared down in between Kankurō and Temari with sand swirling around him. "Let's go, we didn't come here to play around."

"I know, I know." Kankurō murmured and the group of Suna nin turned their backs. At least, they did until Sakura ran forward,

"Hold it!" She snapped at the three of them.

"What is it?" Temari asked in a calm voice.

"Judging from your hitai-ate, you're ninja from Sunagakure, right?" Sakura asked to confirm her suspicion. "Without question, the Land of Fire and the Land of Wind are allied Nations... But the arbitrary coming and going and going of ninja is supposed to be prohibited by the treaty. State your purpose!" Sakura ordered the three of them boldly. "Depending on the circumstances-" Sakura reached for her ninja holster just as Temari began speaking,

"Hmph, so this is what they mean, by the darkest place being under the candlestick. Don't you know anything about it?" Temari asked in a harsh tone. She raised her hand with a small slip of paper in it. Aki did the same but didn't raise her's. "My permit. As you say, we're Sunagakure Genin from the Land of Wind. We came to the Village to take the Chūnin Exams."

"C-Chūnin Exams...?" Naruto muttered the words and shot them a disbelieving look. "What is the Chūnin Exams anyways'ttebayo?" Naruto asked.

"You really don't know anything, do you?" Temari snickered to herself and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Nīsan, if you pass the exam, you become a Chūnin from a Genin." Konohamaru piped in finally and explained to Naruto what the exams are for.

"I see! Then, maybe I'll try taking them!" Naruto said suddenly becoming excited.

"Naruto is your name right?" Aki intervened and Naruto gave her a long stare, as if trying to match her face to someone else. Finally, he gave her a nod. "You're only eligible for the Chūnin Exams if your Sensei allows you to take them. As far as I know, you have to get a document that signs you off to be able to take them because apparently there have been Genin that die during them. Ah, well, I'm sure you're trained to take part in them, otherwise, why would you be Genin?" Aki let a passive laugh through her lips and glanced at Sakura and then heard footsteps beside her. Sasuke had leapt down from the tree and he did the same as Naruto. He tried to match her face to someone familiar but in the end failed to do so.

He turned his attention to the Sunagakure Genin and called out, "Hey, you there! What's your name?" He asked casually. Gaara stopped first and turned around and Temari and Kankurō followed in suit.

"Huh? Me?" Temari asked raising a brow. Of course, with the Uchiha genes running through Sasuke, his looks were above average.

"No, the one with the red hair next to you." Sasuke said bluntly and Temari backed down. Gaara gave Sasuke a stern glance which he happily returned.

"I'm Gaara of the Desert." He responded with bluntly. "I have an interest in you as well, what's your name?" He asked.

"Uchiha...Sasuke."

Aki couldn't help but slip a glance at her youngest brother. She was surprised at how much he's grown, not to mention his chakra. The only thing she had to test out now was how strong he's gotten when his anger has been pushed to the boiling point.

---

Hasn't been edited but enjoy please (:

-silent