After Story | 1

Part I

"C'mon Sasuke, think of the katana as an extension of your own arm. Just let your arm flow with it." Shisui informed as he countered Sasuke's sloppy attack. Sasuke growled deep from his throats and surprising threw the Katiana's tip into the ground. "What was that for?"

"I can't do this! A katana isn't my weapon." Sasuke retorted frustratedly. He scratched his temple irritably but when he made eye contact with Shisui, he was given a disappointed gaze. "What?" He snapped.

Shisui sighed quietly to himself and picked up Sasuke's katana from the ground. He felt the cool hilt against his sweating palm, they hadn't been training for very long. Silently, he shoved it back into Sasuke's hands who fumbled to keep ahold of hence it was unsheathed.

"What was that for?!" Sasuke shrieked this time, repeating Shisui's earlier words.

"Sasuke, you know the Chidori right?" Shisui asked coolly as if he didn't do anything. Sasuke's anger disappeared momentarily when he nodded. "There's a reason why it's called the Lightning Blade."

"That's only possible when it's extended from my hand." Sasuke stated bluntly.

"Contrary to what you think, I believe I've told you that this katana can be specially used with someone who has a Lightning Style nature." Shisui said pointing up to make a point.

"What're you trying to say?" Sasuke asked becoming impatient.

"I'm saying use your katana like you would your Chidori. Don't try to hide it, I know you've been trying to make a change in shape with the Chidori to make it more effective. I spoke with Kakashi a few days ago." Shisui explained seriously.

D***nit Kakashi. Sasuke muttered in his mind. But nonetheless, he sheathed his katana in its sheath and began to weave the Chidori hand seals. He held his wrist he stabilize the large amount of chakra and it began crackling around his hand. A few seconds later, it manifested into a electricity.

"How long can you maintain it now?" Shisui asked. Sasuke didn't answer immediately and his eyes spoke of the concentration he needed for this jutsu. "Alright, now take your katana and channel your Chidori through it. Sasuke struggled to release his hand that supported his wrist. He reached around slowly to maintain focus and then passed the katana to his other hand with the Chidori. Right away, Sasuke felt the change in pressure and chakra amount as it spread and crackled along the length of his katana. It became much easier to control now that Sasuke didn't have to regulate the steady position his hand had to maintain. He now had something tangible to use.

"It's easier this way." Sasuke noted as he continued to course chakra between himself and the katana.

"That's why this katana is so special. I've been keeping it for a while. It was originally for Hagami since her main jutsu is the Raiton, Raikou Hitofuki no Jutsu (Lightning Style, Lightning Blast Jutsu) but I didn't have the chance to give it to her. So, you're the next person I can give it to because, after all, you've learned the Chidori which is much more effective when using the katana."

"This was originally for Hagami?" Sasuke asked suddenly.

"Yeah, but her jutsu is used for direct contact and extending it is relatively impossible since I've tried it already. It burns like h*** though, I don't know how she manages to use it." Shisui admitted and his hand subconsciously trailed up to his right forearm. He only used it with one arm and the feeling of the burn still remained even if it was a week ago.

A small silence passed over the two of them.

"Could you teach me the jutsu? Hagami's Lightning Style jutsu?" Sasuke asked suddenly. "If it's true that if jutsu of the same caliber and nature clash, it renders it useless in battle, then I should learn it, just in case."

"You want to learn it?" Shisui asked but he sheathed his tantō. "Then I'll teach it to you. But you can't be using your arm-guards during this jutsu. Your arms need to be bare." He added and gestured to the arm-guards Sasuke now donned.

"What?"

"Did you ever see Hagami use arm-guards? Apparently it distorts chakra flow, limiting its strength but at the cost of burns." Shisui answered and discarded his own. They fell to the side and their Sharingan suddenly blazed in their eyes. Sasuke's Sharingan had matured by now but he still didn't have that push to use the Mangekyō Sharingan. "Alright, these are the hand seals." Shisui performed them flawlessly and electricity began to immediately crack along his arms. It looked like small explosions sparked in various places and judging form Shisui's face, Sasuke could conclude that he was struggling to contain the blasts.

Suddenly, Shisui grunted and the jutsu vanished from his arms. He shook them out, pained by the staticky and numb feeling in his arms now. Sasuke bit the inside of his cheek. Maybe he wasn't ready for this jutsu.

"Alright, for you, you're going to just want to try to contain it at first." Shisui said still shaking his arms out. Sasuke nodded reluctantly for a moment before weaving the signs. Finding the right medium of chakra to put into it was a walk in the park, it was self-explanatory almost but the shock of lightning Sasuke felt was unlike any he's felt before.

Sasuke shrieked, dropping his arms from the hand seal he couldn't even break earlier. A small amount of smoke appeared on the surfaces of his arms and he hissed in pain again.

"What the... What the h***..." he panted, surprised it took more chakra than his Chidori. "How come that takes up so much chakra even though it's a C-Rank Jutsu?"

"Because the originally jutsu is just firing off your chakra in the form of electricity. Hagami modified this jutsu to her own and cloaks her arm in the electricity that'd normally shoot outward." Shisui answered and saw Sasuke weaving the hand seals again, "I wouldn't do that, once is enough for today. You need to build up a-"

"Raiton, Raikou Hitofuki no Jutsu (Lightning Style, Lightning Blast Jutsu)!" He shouted creating streams of lightning along his arms. He grunted this time and tried controlling the lightning around his arms. Sasuke managed for a very short amount of time before it suddenly began shooting off in all directions.

Shisui stumbled away from one strike and it singed the ground where it hit. Sasuke, having barely caught that it almost it Shisui, cancelled out the jutsu as soon as he could. Sasuke fell to his knees afterwards, panting at the chakra usage. Just using the basics of the jutsu would be so simple, so easy. But stepping it up to using the way Hagami did was a whole different story. It felt like he was just learning the Chidori again.

"It's going to take a lot of work." Shisui mentioned casually. "That jutsu jumps from C-Rank to B-Rank in a simple change of form. You're going to need a lot of time on your hands if you even want to try to perfect it."

"I see that now. But what I don't get is how Hagami manages such jutsu. Does she not feel the pain of it?" Sasuke asked.

"She feels the pain, she just doesn't acknowledge it. She also has a high pain tolerance to begin with." Shisui said. "You know, she's stubborn as well. I remember when she first started training with it. Since she's got a Lightning Style Nature, she couldn't learn from many people. Of course there was Kakashi but she was scared out of her mind back then and initially refused to even speak to him."

"Hagami was afraid of Kakashi?" Sasuke asked incredulously.

"Yeah, hard to believe, right?" Shisui asked with a small smirk. "She was cautious back then, never going head-on into a fight, unless of course it involved you, Itachi, or me."

"Didn't she also fear the Mangekyō Sharingan?" Sasuke asked and the area fell silent. Shisui's eyes visibly widened a bit and Sasuke held his breath. Maybe he shouldn't of asked the question at the moment.

"She did, yeah... She did." Shisui answered quietly.

"Why?" Sasuke suddenly blurted.

---

Yahoo! First one down! Hah!

Uhm...yeah...anyways, enjoy...!

-silent