7 | Irony

"Lord Hokage, I have a concern about the Chūnin Exams." Originally, Shisui sought out the Hokage to report the Squad from Amegakure. But ratting out the one person he cared for wasn't very wise or high on his to-do list. So instead, he shifted gears at the last moment, "Please watch Sunagakure and Otogakure carefully throughout the Exams."

Hiruzen was turned to look out the window when Shisui and Itachi arrived at his Office. He was puffing on his pipe when the two entered and he stood up when Shisui began speaking. Itachi remained silent, wanting to hear what Shisui had to say in case he had to cut him off in some way. Hiruzen turned to give Shisui a questioning look.

"What do you mean watch Sunagakure. We have a treaty between Lands." Hiruzen stated bluntly and placed his pipe on is desk. He sat down seconds later and waited until Shisui spoke again.

Shisui let out a deep sigh. For all he knew, Hiruzen didn't know any history, or at least the truth, behind the Konohagakure Assault by Hagami. Minato knew a bit but even he didn't possess the entire truth. Itachi and Shisui were the only two who knew everything. So Shisui hesitated to explain how he came up with such an absurd assumption.

"Explain to me how you thought of this." Hiruzen confirmed Shisui's thoughts. Itachi placed a hand on his shoulder for comfort knowing that these kinds of situations weren't his best.

"Have you heard about the event solely named the Konohagakure Assault?" Itachi asked. Shisui would normally handle this but his weak point was speaking of Hagami. She was loyal in every way but betrayed Shisui through doing the unthinkable and without their help, without his help. He, for once, wanted to turn back time in order to prevent Hagami from risking her life in such an ordeal.

Hiruzen nodded to answer Itachi's question.

"Approximately five years ago it happened with the perpetrator as Uchiha Hagami. By now she's around eighteen or possibly nineteen." Itachi explained. "She's the one female that in our generation was able to unlock the Sharingan at five years old because of her parents...suicide," even Itachi had trouble pushing those words past his lips. "And then unlocked the Mangekyō Sharingan around eleven or twelve years old. By the time she was fourteen, she could use the Amaterasu, Tsukuyomi, and the Susanoo, all of which she used in order to..." his voice faltered. Now he was also a checkmate. This information was limited to two people, and Hiruzen didn't even know who Hagami was except through stories.

"Due to the pressure rising between the Uchiha and Konohagakure and the eminent Coup d'État, Hagami betrayed the Village and the Clan in order to reunite us. And that bond has held up until now too." Shisui finished off Itachi's thoughts and they waited silently for Hiruzen's response.

"I knew Hagami's story as well, but not exactly all the reason behind it." This statement surprised Itachi and Shisui slightly. Her ability to weave around hadn't faltered a tad. "Judging by your expressions, I take it she avoided providing you this information?"

"Ah." Shisui responded. She lies...lies...always lies to us, to leaders, to family, and even herself.

"But that I didn't know is that she's in the Village right now. Who is she with?" Hiruzen asked immediately.

"Hitori...and Anashi. Genin from Amegakure." Itachi answered this time. "She's disguised as Aki at the moment."

"I see." Hiruzen responded. "I assume you know why she's here?"

"It originally was to explore and locate Uzumaki Naruto and Gaara, the Jinchūriki to be exact. But now she's turned her attention to Sunagakure and Otogakure. She's seen the tensions already."

"She's always been perceptive of things that both concern her and don't." Hiruzen muttered to himself. "We can't make a move right now, it's the middle of the Chūnin Exams. The best thing to do is put the Village on high alert and watch for anyone both inside and outside of the Village. As for you Shisui, track Hagami, make sure that you don't let her do anything outside of the Exams. We don't know if she actually told you the truth."

The fact that Hiruzen made that assumption made Shisui's chest ache. After becoming so close to Hagami, he learned quickly that he's only seen the tip of the iceberg with her. She had eyes no one else could see through and a mind no one could unravel. She was a perfect shinobi, one cut out for both battle and deception, and loyal to who she thought worthy.

---

The next exam was at the Forty-Fourth Training Grounds, or the Forest of Death. Mitarashi Anko was their proctor, who was also an experiment of Orochimaru as far as Aki knew. She and her team was positioned at the last gate, waiting anxiously for Anko to allow them to start.

"Before we enter, I'm giving you back your freedom, Hitori. But as for you Anashi, you're staying under my control. I don't trust you." Aki murmured as she heard Anko start the exam. The Chūnin assigned to their gate turned to unlock it and as soon as he did, the three of them darted in with barely a trace.

As soon as Aki entered the area, three chakra sources hit her. And all three of them were familiar.

I hope the three of you aren't up to anything stupid. Hagami thought and she took to the trees. She spoke quickly, "We have a week here so I suggest we fan out. Hitori, Anashi, go East and West, I'm going North. Find a Heaven Scroll, at the moment, that's our top priority. Also, avoid Squad 7 and 9, and Otogakure and Sunagakure's Squad at all costs."

"Why Squad 7 and 9?" Hitori asked. "And Otogakure?"

"Squad 7 is that Uchiha's squad. We don't need a run in with the Sharingan." Aki hissed. "And Squad 9 isn't a group of rookies, they're Maito Gai's students. And if you want an explanation for Sunagakure's Squad, they have the Ichibi's Jinchūriki. We don't need a Tailed Beast running around here anytime soon.

"Otogakure is home to someone we knew quite well, Hitori," there was a hint of annoyance in Aki's voice.

"That makes sense, I guess." Anashi muttered and his feet carried him off to their left whilst Hitori headed off to the right.

And Aki headed straight ahead, ready to encounter Otogakure's Squad.

---

Short filler, sorry. I'm in a somewhat crappy mood and my body is downright exhausted for some reason.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter as well as your day!

-silent