5 | Cast

Shisui took a step away from Hagami, his arms itching to grab a kunai. The Akatsuki, where Hagami resided now, is full of S-Rank criminals so she was no different. But this is just something Shisui wanted to think, he knew that deep in his heart that he couldn't fight her, he wouldn't. And contrary to Shisui, Itachi remained standing in his spot. Fear didn't lurk in his eyes nor did disgrace.

"I'm here to take the Chūnin Exams," Hagami started in a timid tone. "But I have an underlying mission. Make sure that you keep a close watch on-"

"Why did you come back to the Village?" Shisui snapped at her suddenly. Hagami's eyes that were once half-lidded widened. She turned her head to see a sharp glare in his eyes. Anger was the most prominent emotion there and Hagami had to hold herself still. "You'll be...you'll be killed if you're caught! That's only a flimsy Henge no Jutsu (Transformation Jutsu) you're using right now." His voice held a considerate, underlying tone. Despite being apart, he still cared deeply for her.

Hagami took in a sharp breath,

"When the exams actually start, I'm using a Genjutsu to mask my appearance as well as the Henge no Jutsu overlapping it. One can be broken but only I can lift the Genjutsu." Hagami assured Shisui. She gave him a stern look after that and signaled to the two of the to let her finish before they began saying anything. "But as I was saying, I want you to watch the two Jinchūriki in the Village for me. Gaara of the Desert is the Ichibi and Uzumaki Naruto...well, I'm sure you know who he is." The Kyūbi flashed in their minds and they knew it would remain in their minds for as long as they lived.

"Why?"

"Simply because there's tension between Sunagakure and Konohagakure at the moment. When you're outside the Village for so long, you notice things you wouldn't normally see from within. They're planning something but I haven't had enough time to poke around. Also, there's one more thing, keep an extremely close eye on Otogakure." Hagami's voice became dead serious around the end. Shisui and Itachi's eyes widened slightly too and they exchanged glances. Hagami's been in the Village for almost a day and yet she was still the observant girl she used to be.

---

"Anashi, go around these kids, we've got to head up one more floor." Aki whispered into the ear of her Squad's third team member. He glanced down at her, something blocking the raw emotions in his eyes but nonetheless, he went with Aki's orders. See, there's a special attribute that each holder of the Sharingan has. Some hold the ability to become intangible, other's open a Time-Space, but Aki's had a different, less thought of ability. One glance into her Mangekyō Sharingan can grant her the ability of a type of body control. It wasn't quite absolute yet because she just discovered the ability about a month ago but it worked. Her control was rough but when she gave it some freedom, the puppet she was using worked fluently.

Anashi walked around the crowd of Genin and walked toward the flight of stairs leading to the next floor up. Courtesy of Aki's prowess at detecting a Genjutsu, the three of them moved on without a hassle; even without her Sharingan, she could sense what others couldn't. Anashi lead the way up the stairs and Aki gave him a bit more freedom, enough for him to finally speak.

"You're cruel you know?" Anashi growled as he scratched the back of his head.

"Eyes forward." Aki ordered. "I'm not cruel, I just don't trust you." She admitted bluntly and they turned a corner. Upon seeing the room they were to enter by, she snapped her fingers quietly. Immediately, Anashi was back under her Genjutsu—he was never actually free, she just had to strengthen the chakra flow.

Aki took the place as the leader when they got there. The person who would be there to greet them was nonexistent at the time, seemingly, so they had to wait a moment for him to appear. Aki's head snapped around when she heard light footsteps and her eyes widened when she saw him. Silver hair is unmistakably his most identifiable feature among with the mask and his hitai-ate around his Sharingan eye.

"Oh, I didn't know Amegakure was competing this time," he stated in a relaxed manner. He eyed Aki carefully, putting faces to names. Hitori let out a soft growl making Hagami give him a sideways glare.

"Ah, yeah," Aki started. "Amegakure is finally letting their walls down slightly so we could actually come to this one."

"I see, do you all have your registration forms?" Kakashi asked glancing between them. Aki produced on after reaching into her ninja pouch on her waist. Hitori had some trouble where Kakashi gave him a raised brow. And Anashi plucked his from his pocket. The three of them handed theirs' to Kakashi and he examined each of them for approval. "Alright, go on ahead. The first exam will begin periodically..." he said but seemed unsure of his prediction as well.

"Thank you," Aki bowed her head slightly before walking through the suddenly open doors. But before they proceeded any deeper into the room, Aki whipped around, flashed her Sharingan into both of her eyes and began to start a calm conversation to make it seem nonchalant. She did, after all, possess the different features of a different person.

"I didn't cast a Genjutsu over the two of you for nothing. Listen, I've taken this exam before, I know what it's going to be like." She warned them to make no sudden moves against her. "Also," she directed her eyes toward Anashi, "I'm giving you some freedom...but don't make any harsh moves either. Look around in this room." Hitori and Anashi glanced around. Some Squads looked beyond pissed already and others were to the point of cowering beneath tables. "The Genjutsu I just casted is weak. But it'll let us pass the first exam. Don't question me right now, remember, I'm the leader of this Squad."

"Hai." Hitori responded with a small grudge against her now. His Genjutsu was weaker than Anashi's but he still felt it's influence.

"Good." Aki murmured and squared her shoulders to the left. She led the two over to the corner of the room where she'd wait for their proctor to show up. Aki had no interest in other Genin at the Exams nor did she want to be dragged into anything and get kicked out before the Exams even start.

---

So this is a shorty. Sorry. But I have a few things I need to make clear:
1) School for me is starting tomorrow which equals more stress and homework.
2) Updates will be even more infrequent from here on out so this is a FAIR WARNING!

I'm sorry if this is disappointing but this is my book and I'm going to update when I want. Wow, that sounded salty...

However, I hope you enjoy what's out right now, and I hope that everyone here either enjoys the rest of their summer break or has a decent/good school year.

-silent