After Story | 2

A foot collided with Sasuke's stomach. His mouth gave was a groan as he was thrown off his feet and onto his back. Another Uchiha stood over him but about two meters back. Originally, Sasuke didn't plan on actually becoming apart of this training regime but somehow, some of the Uchiha talked him into joining. Easily, they made room for him so he could test his skills against other Uchiha and pick up on techniques here and there.

"You've got to keep your guard up at all times." A male voice chided in his ear. "But, you're exemplary, never had I thought that an Uchiha as young as you would be here." He said in a softer voice and held out his hand for Sasuke.

Sasuke groaned again when he stood back up. His whole body ached and they're barely a week into the training. He wondered what pressured him into joining but already knew the payoff would be worth it. So he'd follow through, because he also couldn't disappoint his family.

"How're you hanging in the fray?" Sasuke jumped when Shisui suddenly hooked his arm around the former's neck. He winced afterwards and Shisui chuckled. "You're not used to training like this are you? Don't worry, it'll become normal with time."

"Every muscle in my body is aching." Sasuke muttered and moved his neck around a bit.

"That's normal," Shisui paused to release Sasuke's neck. "It takes time to get used to the sudden change of training. You're used to working alongside Naruto and Sakura. Of course, you could still use work on teamwork with them but improving your individual skills is just as valuable too."

---

About a month passed after this and Sasuke was just finishing easing his way into the training regime. He could keep up with some of the Uchiha but didn't come close to matching Shisui. He, after all, was hailed as one of the strongest Uchiha in the Clan.

However, back in Konohagakure, Itachi resided without Sasuke or Shisui. He was wrapped up in his own missions for the Hokage and rarely ever sat foot back into the house. Hiruzen kept him busy, even asking him to investigate Hagami's disappearance and sudden decline in her appearances.

Itachi touched the door that originally belonged to Hagami and her parents. In his hand was the hilt of his tantō though it was still sheathed. Since Hagami's parents stayed rather secluded from the rest of the Uchiha Clan, not many people even went out this far into the Clan grounds which gave Hagami many opportunities to plan and plot her ideas.

He opened the door gingerly and whisked out his tantō the moment he heard a snap in the background. Itachi's Sharingan appeared when a barrage of kunai shot out of the house. He blocked the ones he could before entering the dimly lit house. It barely had any light filtering in because of how closed off and concealed it was beneath the foliage.

Itachi gazed around when he took a step inside. When he proceeded in, the eerie creaking sound of the wood beneath his feet was unsettling and he immediately thought of returning when he had more people to search the house.

No, this is Hagami's house. If I invite others in, there's a chance her motives could be revealed. Itachi was cautious with his thought process and stopped his proceed when he saw faint marks on the ground. He bent down and reached his hand out to it. But before his fingers could touch it, he stopped and squinted at it.

Upon closer inspection, he realized that they were blood stains. Itachi looked up toward further and his eyes suddenly fell on the white outline of Hagami's parents. There were a couple of other blood stains here and there, and Itachi leapt to his feet and he stumbled backward.

Hagami must've come back here for the comfort of her own home. But that must've also been hard on her for her to see this when she came back. Itachi thought and continued his way through the work house. He went up the stairs to the second story and then off to the left. The door on the right housed Hagami's room in the house.

Gingerly yet again, Itachi's fingers prodded the door for any weak spots and then opened it slowly. He jumped backward out of the way just in case any traps were set. Unusually, there wasn't which Itachi found odd. He inched his way around the doorframe and when inside the room. The bedroom looked like it hadn't been touched in ages but Hagami's desk looked still intact. It was small but that was all she needed when she was younger. Itachi steadily walked over to it and his fingers grazed the thin layer of dust.

There was nothing in sight on the desk. So Itachi used his Mangekyō Sharingan to get a closer view. Maybe Hagami had a number system engraved into the desk somewhere; she was amongst the rare few who could inscribe writing in the form of hidden variants of writing such as writing from the Uchiha Tablet and number systems. But Itachi's Sharingan revealed nothing of the sorts. It just gave way to more dust buildup and even after wiping away some of the dust, it didn't reveal anything.

Itachi sighed in frustration glared at the desk for a long while. He just wanted a flicker of Hagami's presence there. But he knew there would be none. Not too long after this realization, he squatted down to look under he desk. Perhaps there'd be something there.

Nothing.

Itachi grunted this time audibly and scanned the entire room again. With his Mangekyō Sharingan, he should've been able to decipher any bit of information that was engraved or hidden anywhere. But that didn't seem to be the case. Hagami's house was completely devoid of any sort of contact or information that Itachi could utilize. As he figured it wouldn't hurt to look downstairs, he decided to keep his Mangekyō Sharingan in his eyes. Perhaps there'd be something on his way down.

But not to his surprise, there wasn't anything. Nothing.

Once Itachi was outside, he scanned the entire house's exterior. Again, not to his surprise, there was nothing for him to pick up on. And then, Itachi let loose another long sigh. He thought for sure there'd be some sort of giveaway that he could use. Not just for Hiruzen, but for Hagami too. Maybe some information that he found could be used to save her instead, prove she wasn't guilty from the assault she had on Konohagakure.

This was all he hoped for in all honesty. Just like Shisui and Sasuke, Itachi longed for Hagami to be welcomed back to Konohagakure as a hero; not dragged back as a criminal.

She always was good at deception and covering up her tracks. Itachi thought gazing at the old house. His Mangekyō Sharingan had long faded. But why couldn't she of left some incentive, just something we could build off of to prove she's not the person everything thinks she is? ...Maybe this was her goal. To die as a hero in the shadows, never to be truly recognized or regarded as a pure warrior. Itachi's thoughts rambled on as he turned away from the old house.

---

This concludes our After Stories! And the book as a whole (except editing)!!

Uhm, also, some valuable information for those waiting for the next book to come it... IT ALREADY HAS! The Story of Hagami III [Naruto Fanfic | Uchiha] has already been published! So if you want to stick around for the third book, go check it out!

Anyway, enjoy the chapter and I hope to see you in the next book. And beware of cliff-hangers, I happen to love to write them.

-silent