19 | Binded

She was thrown quite roughly into another metal wall. Tobi had planned ahead quite well and knew that Hagami was the traitor within the Akatsuki. So about an hour after he left, two Akatsuki members made their move. Kakuzu was the first to make his appearance known and even though Hagami was formidable, it wasn't a fair match-up when she was flung across the base like a rag-doll. And unfortunately, he kept Hagami conscious until the other Akatsuki member showed up. The next to show was Sasori and he wasted no time beating her as well.

"I've always wanted an Uchiha as a puppet. It makes me wonder what jutsu I'd be able to accomplish with the Sharingan eyes." Sasori said as he summoned the Third Kazekage. Hagami laid on the ground a few yards away. Her breathing was unsteady and her eyes were clouded. She hated this feeling but even her will held her body down. She could barely move. "And I also wanted to get rid of you from the moment I saw you." He added darkly as he set loose his onslaught.

"Well...good...luck." Hagami sneered as her eyes became crimson. Besides being almost completely immobile, she still had a few tricks up her sleeve. Before the Third Kazekage puppet could reach her, a barrier made of pure white surrounded Hagami; perhaps this white was a sign of her pureness. The ribs of her Susanoo appeared around her next and it kept growing until it made the bare minimum of the outline of the skeleton. The eyes of her Susanoo glowed an eerie gold color too.

Shakily, Hagami pushed herself to her knees. Every cell in her body was burning with the desire to rest but she kept going. Her eyes became clouded with determination in oppose to exhaustion the moment she was on her feet. But just from her stance, Kakuzu and Sasori could tell she was getting weak. And Hagami, she knew her limit was close as well as her the trick up her sleeve.

"Well?" She asked tauntingly. "I won't die here, no matter what you do. I'll find a way to come back. No matter what you do." Hagami muttered referring to Sasuke. She wouldn't leave this world yet, she'd live to see the day that Sasuke takes her life. It'd be Hagami's way of atonement.

"You won't be too long." Sasori retorted monotonously and threw his hands forward. The Third Kazekage opened its mouth and a dark-tinted sand began to filter out. Hagami recognized it immediately as it began to form a spear. It was the Third Kazekage's Kekkei Genkai and Hagami prepared herself by reinforcing her Susanoo.

When the spear launched, it drilled into the bones whilst pushing the large skeleton back. Hagami struggled to keep her defenses up, which she did, but a large crack formed. She grunted when she dropped to her knees and that's when she saw another spear being launched toward her. This time, Hagami didn't have time to prepare and her Susanoo shattered.

Dang it. Hagami muttered in her head and failed to notice the presence approaching on her right.

"Too bad I can't kill you and bring you in. You have a hefty bounty over your head." Kakuzu muttered beside her. Hagami gasped but couldn't move as Kakuzu threw her across the base. Sasori was there next, his puppet aimed to hit her in the back with the multiple hands that sprung from underneath the cloak. Blood escaped Hagami's mouth and she landed heavily on the floor. "Sasori, knock her out. She doesn't have enough strength to strike back now, even if she wakes back up on our way back to the Akatsuki base."

"With pleasure." Sasori took a senbon needle from his sleeve. Hagami didn't bother fighting back against him either; she just watched with hopeful eyes that it wouldn't cause her more pain. Suddenly, there was a dull pain in her stomach but it soon faded just light her eyesight.

---

News spread like wildfire. Suddenly, there was a steep decline of Hagami's appearance around the Five Great Nations. It was like she disappeared off the face of the earth. Sunagakure had already declared her dead after hearing repetitive negative sightings of her. Kumogakure was the next to drop the assumption that she could still be alive. And then Iwagakure, though still weary; and Kirigakure. Months passed in this time frame but one Hidden Village still held onto a thread of hope that she was still alive; some hoped they'd have a chance to kill her whilst others hoped she was alive. Konohagakure still believed Hagami was out there.

"She can't be gone." Sasuke glared out into the dark sky. He clenched his fists by his side. "She's not dead! She wouldn't fall to another Village's hands! She just wouldn't!" He cried out at the training grounds. The back of Sasuke's hand collided with a tree trunk as he practiced his form. A sickening crack entered his ears and he screamed in pain. He clutched his hand close to his chest, hoping to ease the pain at least a little. But he recoiled the instant he touched his wrist.

"Otōto!" Itachi had just approached the area in time to hear Sasuke's cry. He ran through the trees and into the clearing where he saw Sasuke keeling over and then on his knees. Itachi's adrenaline shot up and sped over to Sasuke. "Otōto," he bent over and turned Sasuke onto his back where he saw him holding his wrist, "what happened?"

Sasuke just gritted his teeth in response and Itachi sighed understandingly. It took a moment for Itachi to weave his arms underneath Sasuke's back and knees but he managed.

"Hagami isn't dead yet." Itachi assured him confidently. He began heading toward the hospital to get his wrist tended to by Tsunade. "I promise...

"...she's got this all planned out..."

---

Well well well, isn't this a plot twist? I'm seriously thinking up a billion ideas as to how to progress with this. So far I have a few good ones but I dunno how it's going to go.

Oh, by the way, only a few more chapters!! I honestly cannot believe I've followed through with this book, but I appreciate all the nice comments I get because you guys are motivating me to continue this. I really appreciate it, thank you all.

Anyways, enjoy!

-silent