20 | Epilogue

Under the tutelage of one of the Legendary Sannin, Naruto chose to travel with Jiraiya for the next three years in order to hone his skills. Also under the tutelage of another Legendary Sannin, Sakura chose to embark on the tedious task of learning Medical Ninjutsu under Tsunade. And Sasuke chose to stay behind with Itachi and Shisui, seeking their tutelage. Or at least until a new opportunity appeared. A traditional training regime at the home of a Feudal Lord came to Sasuke when many Uchiha seemed more hectic than usual. Inquiring Fugaku, Sasuke pestered him about being taken along with them to gain experience.

It didn't take long for Fugaku to give in. But he ordered that either Shisui or Itachi accompany him.

"I'll get Shisui to do it then." Sasuke declared.

"Why Shisui?" Fugaku asked as Sasuke began heading out of the room again. Sasuke paused, and turned to Fugaku over his shoulder.

"Because, Itachi has other things to tend to. He has to watch over the Village whereas Shisui can take some time off to help me. And if I'm to kill Hagami, who better to get training from?" Sasuke asked with a bitter edge in his eyes.

Fugaku's eyes widened a moment at the cold in his son's eyes but refused to bring it up. He sat and pondered for a moment instead. The training was rigorous, normally only taken on by elite Uchiha of the Clan. But Sasuke was his son, the son of the Head of the Uchiha Clan. So he'd be able to handle it, Fugaku decided.

"You'll depart accordingly with Shisui as your guide." Fugaku announced. "The training is intense, not meant for an Uchiha your age. However, you're my son, so you'll be able to handle it." A prideful and confident grin appeared on Fugaku's face.

"I will not disappoint you, Otousan." Sasuke said monotonously and he turned away without another word.

Just outside the doors though waited Shisui himself. He had listened in intently on the conversation and successfully startled Sasuke when he was walked out. Shisui gave him a small, understanding smile and motioned for him to follow.

"I heard everything," Shisui said once they're out of earshot. "So you want to learn how to defeat Hagami?"

"Of course." Sasuke answered. But the context the two were talking about is saving Hagami. "But how'll I do it? I can't easily wear her down."

"Then you'll have to learn how to get some better skills. Hagami has the Susanoo, Tsukuyomi, and Amaterasu. ...So, how do you think you can counter that?" Shisui asked as he lead Sasuke to the training grounds.

"I-I don't know." Sasuke answered after a few minutes. "I mean, there's always the Mangekyō Sharingan..." he cupped the sides of his head with his answered and groaned.

"You're on the right track." Shisui noted and Sasuke looked up surprised.

"What?" Sasuke asked.

"You're on the right track Sasuke, just think a little shallower." Shisui said. Another few minutes passed and the two walked into the training grounds. Sasuke was still left to ponder as well whilst Shisui took a seat beneath a tree.

"I'm not coming up with anything!" Sasuke snapped at Shisui. "How can I think shallower if Hagami's perhaps the strongest Uchiha! I need the strongest skills in order to take her on and hope to defeat her!" Sasuke didn't trust his senses that they're safe discussing Hagami's rescue and instead put it as a way to kill her.

"Think shallower." Shisui pointed to his temple. "If you don't have the skills, or means to awaken the Mangekyō Sharingan, what do you do?"

"Compensate?" Sasuke asked sarcastically.