13 | Visit

It still surprised Shisui how Itachi could eat dango so easily without getting sick from all the sugar. He could barely eat one whereas Itachi could have eaten two or three if Shisui hadn't gotten the rest to go. The latter sat rather quietly when Itachi was occupied with the dango. His thoughts obviously ran off to Hagami.

You idiot. He mumbled in his mind. He never viewed her as a girlfriend, or wife, that was rather wrong within Clans. But he would admit he had viewed her as a sister figure, or just a girl friend. Shisui also disliked to admit that she was probably smarter than him now, or at least more observant as well as thorough. He chuckled at the thought of that which caught the attention of Itachi.

Itachi cleared his throat only to receive a questioning look from Shisui.

"Y-Yeah?" He asked clearing his thoughts.

"I'm finished. And you just chuckled, what's so funny?" Itachi asked.

"Ah, well, just thinking about someone. That's all." Shisui responded knowing that Itachi would figure out who he was talking about. An almost smug look covered Itachi's face and Shisui shot him a half-hearted glare. "You know it's not like that." He mumbled and crossed his arms.

"Hn." Itachi grunted and he got up from the table. Before Shisui realized where Itachi was heading, Itachi had already drawn some money to pay for the dango and green tea that Shisui had ordered. This would probably be a tradition of sorts now, racing to order and pay.

When the two walked out of the shop, Shisui softly backhanded Itachi in the head. "You know you didn't have to pay right?" Shisui asked. "I could have easily done that, besides-"

"Let's get to the hospital." Itachi cut Shisui off and began walking off to the Konohagakure hospital. Shisui frowned a little because Itachi seemed to be in a rush. Somewhere in his thoughts, he thought about Itachi wanting to make it to the hospital, visit, and leave as soon as possible. Situations like this easily made Itachi uncomfortable.

But the silence they walked in wasn't uncomfortable at all. They easily weaved their way around the bustling streets and eventually found their way. When they walked inside, the cool air of the AC surprised but nonetheless felt good. The two of them walked over to the desk and they were quickly granted entrance to Sasuke's room.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Shisui knocked on Sasuke door before sliding it open. The two of them saw Sasuke staring out the window, which made sense because he's been hospitalized since the incident with Sunagakure and Otogakure. The date when he would be released depended solely on Mikoto and Fugaku too meaning that it probably wouldn't be soon. But Sasuke probably won't listen to that reasoning, Itachi had a suspicion that he'd be fleeing through the window sometime soon.

"You actually came to visit?" Sasuke asked without batting an eye.

"I came here to visit you yesterday. You were still unconscious." Itachi responded with a surprising monotonous edge. He walked further into the room with Shisui trailing right behind him. "How is the Curse Mark?" He asked. Itachi attempted to look at the Curse Mark only to have his hand slapped away by Sasuke.

"Don't touch me." He growled hastily as he covered the mark. The glare that lingered in his eyes also told them that his hatred has deepened for Hagami. A sort of distress stirred inside Itachi because of this but he knew that this is what she wanted. "When do I get out of here? I can feel my skills lacking. I need to keep training."

"Have your wounds healed?" Itachi asked. Sasuke's eyes widened for a moment and he let out a soft 'tch'. "That's what I thought. If you don't give your body rest, you're going to permanently damage it. And if that damage goes too far then you're going to have to leave your career as a shinobi."

Sasuke's breathing hitched at the thought of this and turned his head away from Itachi. He didn't want to listen to his brother's words but they were true. Sasuke was still recovering and knowing when he'd be out of the hospital was out of his reach. Mikoto would have to come to the hospital and so would Fugaku to grant him release. And as far as he knew, they were going to be a while because the guards around Konohagakure needed his full attention to maintain security.

"You'll get out of here soon enough. And when you do, Itachi and I can train you." Shisui assured in his normal laid-back tone. Sasuke's eyes lit up briefly showing that he hadn't been completely consumed by hatred. "But I'm going to warn you, Itachi may go easy on you because you're his younger brother, but I won't. I'm going to push you to the brink."

---

"So, they're looking for their next Hokage?" Kisame asked. "And you're planning on finding her first aren't you? He stood leaning on her doorframe as she swung the Akatsuki cloak around her body. "What are you planning to do once you find her?"

"Isn't it obvious? The Konohagakure has the Kyūbi. We kill the Hokage, we gain access to Konohagakure whilst they're in a terrifying disarray." Hagami answered brushing past Kisame. Her tied her bangs back with her hitai-ate and before she left, she notified Konan and Pein of whereabouts. However, she refused any offered help from any of the other Akatsuki members at the time. She claimed them to be too troublesome to keep around during this mission of her own. She didn't need any of them to be getting in her way right now, especially since she'd be striding into the Land of Fire.

But before she was able to get too far from the base, a small mewing sound came from behind her. She turned around to find Kuro at the base's edge. A small smile graced her face, a genuine one and she allowed him to climb up onto her shoulder before continuing on. Kuro brushed up against the side of her face, giving her a small amount of comfort for what she was about to do.

---

Well, here's another chapter. Like it? Don't like it? You decide even though it's pretty short. It's a little hard when the anime doesn't supply much to go by. By the way, girlfriend and girl friend are too different things. The latter has some space so it's basically the equal of a guy friend. See? A space!

Anyway, enjoy!

-silent

Yo, uhm, no major update, just an A/N.
Just wanted to let y'all know that I'm taking a break for a week at the most probably. This means that I'm not going to update for a while (not that I do a good job anyway) and that I'm going to be inactive for the most part (and by this I'm just monitoring my account). The reason for this is just freaking stress. I'm forgetting everything, for school and when I'm trying to relax and I was on the verge of a breakdown in Alg. 2 yesterday which is basically telling me to take a break from everything.

So, overall, I'm sorry but I'm going to take the time to take care of myself right now and try to relieve some anxiety.

-silent Added on 9/30/17