14 | Repent

Part I

Tsunade was a woman of gambling and, well, drinking as far as Hagami knew. She also got several reports from her connections about her frequent whereabouts as well as unusual ones. Hagami, however, only used this information to pin together an intricate map in her mind. And judging by that, Tsunade would be easily found in a matter of days if Hagami could travel that fast.

But something else worried her in this instance. She knew about the search party that'd also be out right now. And she'd be traveling into Land of Fire territory. A part of her jittered anxiously, courtesy of the thought that she'd have to fight them, and win to escape. There was also the part that Sasuke would be apart of this, or maybe even Naruto. Though her mission to capture Naruto, she knew she couldn't merely swoop in and grab him. That'd be impossible now that she received information from one of her many crows. She gently sent it on its way by shaking her arm.

The wind caught in her cloak and made her eyes squint a little. Tsunade would be in this town in about an hour or two; but so would Jiraiya and Naruto. And if it were Hagami's luck, Orochimaru would also show up soon. She had caught wind of Orochimaru disability to use chakra now and he was likely seeking Tsunade because of her renowned Medical Ninjutsu. Hagami took a deep breath before walking into the bustling town. As she walked through the foliage, her appearance slowly made a shift to make her appear as Aki.

Surely Naruto wouldn't recognize her; she didn't think he got the chance to catch onto her façade. However, if for some reason Sasuke and–or Sakura showed up, it'd complicate things beyond her planning at the moment. And Orochimaru, he'd probably try to taunt his way to reveal herself to Tsunade and Jiraiya as soon as possible. Either way, she hoped to the bottom of her heart that Orochimaru, Sasuke, and Sakura wouldn't make an appearance.

It's now or never. She murmured in her mind and took out two scrolls upon entering the town. Back when Aki was still in the Leaf, she rarely got a chance to glimpse of the Sannin. Every once and a while they'd drop in briefly before setting out again so their chakra signatures were faint in her memory. But surely enough, it wouldn't be hard to find Tsunade; she'd most likely be gambling, a habit she's developed from the First Hokage. The only real concern she had for Tsunade was her Byakugou Seal, or Strength of a Hundred Seal.

Aki strolled through the streets aimlessly at first, her mind elsewhere but her conscious searching for Tsunade's chakra.

Back in Konohagakure, Shisui was planning out his next solo mission. His gear was packed into two ninja pouches and a holster on his right thigh. He was strapping his holster around his shoulder when Itachi walked over to him at the exit of his house. Once Shisui got his holster strapped snugly against his chest, Itachi broke the silence,

"Shisui, you can't go." Itachi pulled Shisui back by his shoulder when he attempted to reach for the door. "She'll be there."

"That's the point Itachi." Shisui rebutted as he slid his tantō into its sheath. He sharpened it last night, and Itachi didn't miss the gleaming surface. He was serious now, he could inflict fatal damage if Hagami pushed him that far.

"What do you plan on doing? She won't come with you easily. She's loyal to a fault. And if you fight her, you'll probably lose." Itachi said the last part begrudgingly. "You'll need more than yourself to try to bring her back."

A silence passed over the two of them and Itachi's grip on Shisui's should slackened. Itachi worried at times for Shisui. Lately, he's been distracted because of what happened at the Chūnin Exams. He was beyond worried too. Hagami's abandonment was still taking its toll because some part of Shisui still thought this was all a nightmare.

"I'm loyal to a fault too, Itachi. I'm still loyal to Hagami and you. But right now, I don't want to imagine the thoughts of Hagami being killed by another Village. I want her home, in Konohagakure, where I won't have to worry anymore." Shisui muttered and pulled out of Itachi's hand. Before the latter had time to reason against Shisui, he used the Shunshin no Jutsu (Body Flicker Jutsu).

"This isn't what Hagami wants..." Itachi drifted off.

---

Aki entered a restaurant of sorts around evening. When she walked inside, she concealed her hitai-ate considering she possessed the Amegakure symbol on it and this was Land of Fire territory. Before getting a table, she glanced around to see if she could spot Tsunade. Of course, she didn't look her age, but she did possess the same chakra signature. But to Aki's luck, she wasn't present at all, not even her chakra signature.

She drew in a sigh of relief when she took a seat in the waiting area. But just as she took a few seconds to calm her jumping nerves, something rekindled the anxiety that had already begun its goal to eat her patience away. Aki jerked her head to the door and her heart rate sped up when their chakra registered in her mind first. Her fists clenched in her lap and she struggled to keep her chakra at the level of a normal civilian.

Why the h*** is he here? Aki thought. A rage of sorts was plunged into her veins and she nearly drew blood from clenching her fists so tight. She remembered her training instantly after when she got that strong pain in her hand and drew in a sharp, deep breath. D*** it. She thought and returned to fiddling with the hem of her cloak.

"What a coincidence that you're in this town. Your name is Aki, isn't it?" He walked over to her, his hands shoved in his pockets. Aki looked up, a calm look in her eyes. "For someone of your rank, you're easier to find than I thought."

"Well, you are apart of the Uchiha Clan. I wouldn't expect anything else." Aki's eyes narrowed as a smirk pulled at her lips. "Tell me, I dropped out of the Chūnin Exams early, but did you manage to become Chūnin? I must say, it'd be unfortunate if you didn't pass." Her eyes grew a sort of cold as she stood up. She stood at least a head taller than him and he stumbled back a step.

"I don't need to become Chūnin in order to kill you!" He seethed in a lowered voice. He started to weave hand signs. "I have my hatred that'll make me stronger!"

---

I'm back! ...Hahaha not really. This is a short chapter, but it's a start in getting back into this, yeah? Yeah.

And things are getting ready to draw to a close I think...! This book probably isn't going to be as long as the first...either that or it'll be a lot longer because I'll just combine Naruto with Naruto Shippuden. ...yeah, can you guys–sorta–tell I'm all over the place and have no plan? Sorry, haha, still working through everything in my mind.

Anyway, enjoy!

-silent