16 | Stalemate

There is a reason why Hagami didn't bother to move out of the way when he lashed out at her. She merely closed her eyes, waiting for impact and it came soon enough. Tobi had caught her but she had a plan up her sleeve, she'd just wait for a bit.

Hagami coughed when her back hit the wall behind her. Her hands immediately shot to Tobi's wrist and upper arm instinctively once her senses registered that they were around her neck. A sense of panic slashed through her thoughts. Tobi held her there for a while, his anger radiating off of him already.

"How long have you been leaking information?" He asked lowly.

"O-Only this y-year," Hagami sputtered quietly. "I-It takes a while to-to gather as much information as...I-I did."

"Project Tsuki no Me was apart of it then!" He roared and threw her into the ground. Since the room was made of a metallic element, she slid and she thought she heard a crack. "If word gets out, then everything will be ruined! You're going to be the cause of everyone's ruination, everyone's suffering." He spat and as Hagami recovered, Tobi was standing over her. "I could eliminate you right here and now."

"Go ahead," Hagami muttered and turned onto her back. She propped herself up on her forearms and smirked. He was a great deal taller than her, partially because he was a man and partially because he was older. She added, "...try at least." Her arm snaked around his ankle and took his weight out from underneath him whilst she passed through his body. Good timing for Hagami and bad timing for Tobi. "If you try to kill me, I'll just escape. I know for a fact you don't have my stamina. You rely too much on that Sharingan eye of your's-"

She was cut off when his fist shoved itself into her stomach. She gasped and fell to her side.

"I fight just fine, look at your state." Tobi retorted and lightened up slightly. He waited until she scrambled onto her hands and knees. Hagami was surprised with his generosity too as she greedily took in air.

"What I meant was that you rely on a method that cuts you off from traditional Taijutsu." Hagami found the burst of strength she's been conserving and launched herself onto her feet. With little warning of her movements, she threw a bone-shattering punch into the side of Tobi's face. He was thrown off of his feet and into the wall. He slid to the ground as Hagami fell back to her knees. She coughed harsher than she had and blood came with it. Her illness was acting up again and the pain was strolling casually through her body.

Her punch wasn't literally bone-shattering...but what it did manage to shatter was his mask. When her vision focused, Hagami glimpsed his Sharingan in his right eye. However, what Hagami imaged would also be the Sharingan in his left eye appeared to be something quite different. With a ripple pattern, Hagami immediately identified it as the Rinnegan. The pain coursing through her didn't matter. She was on her feet instantly.

"How did you of all Uchiha obtain the Rinnegan eye?" Hagami asked steadily. She gulped momentarily after her question as Tobi got to his feet with a decent amount of trouble. By now, his mask was shattered completely and his face was revealed to Hagami.

"That information...doesn't concern you." He responded bitterly and his fingers rubbed his jaw where Hagami had punched him. "You've been a arrow in my back for years now," he held his hand out toward the ground and a black rod began protruding out. "I've had thoughts of you being a great help to the Akatsuki. It seems that I was wrong. You kept your ties with Konohagakure so weak I didn't realize you had them still, but it's clear to me now that you're a conniving deceiver.

"You're worth killing though, since you time here, I've been wanted to at fight you at least once before your death. How ironic though that I'll be fighting you, and killing you in the end." Tobi concluded his small lecture toward her and Hagami suddenly activated her Mangekyō Sharingan.

"I won't die here." She muttered and her Sharingan suddenly flashed into Tobi's eyes. A small stream of chakra is transmitted from the moment eye contact is made and the moment where it's disconnected. Even with this small amount of chakra, it made no difference because once it was circulating in the system of another, it was game over and Hagami could control their bodies.

"You will-" Hagami watched as Tobi's body wouldn't budge from its position much. He had a tiny amount of leeway but that was it. "What is this? I know it's not Genjutsu." He cut right to the point.

"A gift, that you gave me." Hagami responded. Her voiced resounded with sadness though. This power, it almost terrified her. "The power of the Mangekyō Sharingan. And, you're undoing." She proved her point as she constricted the hold on the chakra network. Tobi's body cringed and he let out a strangled cry. It was the blazing pain of being crushed from the inside that affected every nerve in his body; and Hagami was doing a great job at holding him suspended in the air. The added gravity just made it hurt more.

"Let...go!" Tobi ordered her and, surprisingly, Hagami obliged. He slumped to the floor, regaining his breath and bearings. The searing pain hasn't left his nerves but at least he was regaining himself.

"Tobi, this is a stalemate. You can't kill me, and I won't kill you. It's physically impossible for the both of us to do." Hagami spoke with a sharp tone. "But I have a proposal: keep me in the Akatsuki and not a word to anyone else, and I won't abandon the Akatsuki to reveal to Konohagakure that you're threatening to destroy our world."

Tobi looked up to her, anguish swimming in his eyes. A couple more deep and greedy breath and he answered with a begrudging, "Have it your way."