The Start

22nd September 2012

Dear Falaq,

I dearly hope you are well.
May Allah bless you with health and heartiness. I saw Aunt last night in dream and it has made me relentlessly think about your being all day, it has compelled me to confirm you're well being. Please write to me Falaq, if only then a few words but write to me. When I saw your mother in my dream, she said that she was desolate by your sadness. Since she's passed away I've been but more worried about you.
            Had there not been a sole day when I don't wonder how you are; I wish I could come back and see you but we are separated by miles. Why aren't you responding to my emails? I will wait for your letter. Do tell me how everyone else is doing, if your grandmother is fine. How is Fateh? Is your father on talking terms with you now? 
               My husband has gone for a work trip to the west. Nothing here is much to talk about, I know you want me to talk about my life but I insist everything is good yet nothing is near by the days we had earlier. I miss ourselves wandering in the city happy and hopeful, we had dreams so full in us that there was no doubt for a tragedy but that year banished us of all that we had, Falaq do you still think about that year?

Your dearest friend,
Fathimah