Incandescence

I bottled up my heart and threw it at the banks of numbness.

Here it has no right to be free.

I sat in the library reading a script. It was about a women and man in a blissful relationship. The thought contradicting me, I held it against the table and moving across my sight fell upon the locked cupboard with the nailed cloth covering the metal plate.

I walked beside and dipped my finger inside the cloth. I peeped in.

I entered another finger in the cloth and the side of the cloth suffered a slight tear. I pressed, the cloth finally slit open and the Metal name plate stood naked:                                         'Mrs Liya Arae Hareem Elahim'

I stared the name with wonder. Written in cursive calligraphy unlike the other name plates.

I touched the glass cupboard and I couldn't help myself trying to open it. It was locked. There were several books inside, mostly journals. The height created awe in me.

I heard footsteps proceeding, I caught the edge of my skirt and stood behind the door.

It was Al-Wais. He marched inside and his sight alarmed by the edge of the torn cover immediately. He quickly fixed the muslin cloth but with failure. He traced the craving with his fingers and sighed loudly. His head fell. Then he rose in a moment. He called for a servant and asked for the work to be done right away. He looked around. I hid holding my breath inside my lungs.
He left the room.

*_*_*_*_*_*

I held away flame and the collected it for roasting the marshmallows. They were delicious. I saw the opportunity close to right to ask Mrs Kasheefa about Mrs Liya. When the room was quite and empty.
I asked "Who is Mrs Liya? "

She stood like statue and her appearance altered.

"I don't know Miss " she lied.

"Please Mrs Kasheefa " I pleaded.

"Do not get into the matter" she warned me and walked away.

The mystery was making me restless.

A few days later.

The weather changed for the numbers but it was always cold. The breeze was wild and the air thick. I saw the sun set into the purple sky. Fateh demanded a new toy from my father on phone. I demanded that he brings me new clothes however Mrs Kasheefa has sought me a dress or two but I wanted something from my father, to reclaim him.

When the evening dissolved skilfully under the dress of the dark. I took a stroll in the hallway, little did I know to my dismal that the power would be lost. Now I stood under the roof in some balcony on some floor, in complete darkness, no moon in the sky only the sight of white freckles on the background. I stood at a side. Scared of the dark. Scared of the unknown. Scared. I closed my eyes. The dull nightmares chased,  hands on my waist,I opened my eyes. Dark is bad. The lights should be back. I slowly stepped ahead but in the depth of the room,further inside,one could not even see his own feet or hands. Frightened as I was. I stopped at one point and chanted protection.

From the opposite direction, I small light emerged. A candle progressing towards me. I sighed relief.

The candle in one hand and one hand that I could not see but guarantee was behind his back, incandescent light incandescent fragrance Al-Wais stepped before me.

"I suppose you could have been afraid so I thought I should seek you myself"
He spoke electrifying me with the sparks of his voice.

"I.... I was... "