Prey of the Storm

(I'm back. Chapter dedicated to the sweetest @mesmerizinglove
Just to clear some things. Al-musawwir is the shaper of beauty.
Other terms used were in Arabic
'La yamsha Lil nisa'- means women are not allowed.
'nisa' - women)

I did not return to the Manor for days. I did not accompany my family for lunch as well, mostly grandma would stay behind with me. Gradually to my dismal, I grew depressed.
Fateh would talk on and on about the Elahim Brothers. I found no interest in them.

Maybe I should apologize. I wasn't the kind to answer back but I've been handled by such rough hands at life that I've grown almost vex in uneasy situations. Mrs. Kasheefa had asked me to take the job but for days as I was mentally unavailable, I have no answer.

After one clear morning,I told myself that I shouldn't let the dirt off my past pull me down and if I am here then it is clear that HE wills for me to be here. And that reminded me of the lines that Souffian recited 'indeed there are signs for the ones who reason'

I crossed my way to the Mansion after lunch and entered the library.

Shizad saw me entering. The rest were further inside.
I looked around to find some work. At one table were books scattered, I started on them. I overheard Wais speak " I heard the door, who is it?"

To which saltily Shizad replied " nisa' "
I worked for a good hour,Fateh was glad to see me around. I placed the books where I found a vacancy and sat at a table near the window with what seemed like an old book.

Souffian proceeded to the table "is there any chance you have seen the books I kept over the table" he said with his finger pointing at one I had just cleaned.

"Yes, I've kept them at their pl--"

"No" he spoke sharply.

I gulped. "I'll get them..ju--"

"No" he stated again.

He walked and slammed all the books back at the table with a bang that shook me. Pierced his eyes through me and walked away.

And how will I work here with these men!?

A while after Wildan cross smiles at me. Should I smile back? After an entire minute, I took the decision to smile back.
But when I did smile back, he laughed.

"you have a ridiculous taste Miss. In the entire library that my father has set, this has to be the most distasteful book that has been accorded in the shelf" he smirked.

I just had to put my head to the other side.

I felt I had to apologize, feelings that come to me whenever things just don't go well! Though I believe I've known people who do not belong to their names but yet they convince me for an apology. An apology that is not needed but one I yearn to make. I placed my foot one after the other with a book in my hand and approached their circle.

They all at once shot their sights at me. Men make me nervous. Not as much as earlier but still...It's still in there.

"I'm sorry for whatever happened that day" I spoke anxiously.

"Forgiven," Wais said easily.

No no no. This shouldn't be his reply. My eyebrows gathered. I turned around and heard him again
"Never work for an apology when you don't mean it"

"I mean it" I retaliated.

"You don't. Do not lie to your own self. Such deception to one's own self can seclude your soul from your own words" He stated and again so easily, he returned to his book.

But I've secluded from my own soul years back.

"Miss would mind me showing the Mansion?" Wildan asked with a warm smile.