Bad Liars

(Author's note : First please comment below who do you ship Falaq-Naaz with?  Please do comment and then continue. Love to you all for the votes and the feedback 💕💕💕💕)

Break out spring warm. Soft weather. Softer hearts.

I read out a verse aloud.

Is there any reward for good other than good? (Quran 55:607)

May Allah bless these Men.

For good they are and good they have done to us.

I spinned the bottle on the window frame. I saw the door knob turned and lifted my head.

"Afternoon Miss Falaq-Naaz " Al-Souffian emerged.

"Afternoon " I replied returning my head to the window frame.

"Would you mind walking around with me? " he asked.

"I rather not Al-Souffian, my father resents me walking around with men" I honestly stated.

"Why so? "

"I believe you have the answers "

He laughed slightly alongside the walls.

"Miss Falaq-Naaz never have I asked a woman to accompany me. If your father resents the idea,I do so myself but I have something to speak about" he spoke looking outside the door, then airily to the cupboard "it is important "

Now I can tell by the manner that Al-Souffian is lying. There is nothing important and he cannot lie, he is a bad liar.

"Let's head to the garden then" I replied with no smile.

He sat under the gazebo Al-Hassan's chair and smiled at the success of his lie which was verily a fail.

"Miss Falaq-Naaz have you considered to remain here till death? " he asked.

My breath choked. My eyes bulged. The idea seemed so suffocating.

"No. I want to leave and stay at my home"

"But this is Home? "

"I'm afraid I don't have similar sentiments"

"What! " that utter astonished wot.

I gulped. My heart isn't here.

"I'm sorry Al-Souffian but I have a life ahead of it"

"with someone? " his brows gathered.

"hopefully " I said softly.

"In Shaa Allah"

Now I smiled.

"You are much more complicated than I reckoned " he stated catching my smile.

"I can say the same for you"

"There's a fine line between what we wish and what we'd be granted. Do you know what that fine line is? It's Dua. So I shall remember you in my supplications if you will remember me in yours"

That's one of the most beautiful conversation I had exchanged with the much comprehending man.

"You should see the Falaq from my room. You have never seen it better "
He said.

I looked at him. Unable to entangle the meaning behind.

"you mean the dawn? " I finally asked.

"Yes that too" he replied not looking at me.

Unlike Al-Wais, there's no peace beside him. Unlike Al-Hassan he isn't melancholy. Unlike Al-Wildan there's no warmth. Unlike Al-Shizad there's no quirkiness. He's Al-Souffian, a mystic river through which what flows is a secret smell, what runs inside him is hollowness. I search in his eyes,void of emptiness there yet nothing visible. He comprehends me.
But still, still his company binds me beside him.

"I do not like the smell of strawberry " he says irksomely pulling me out of the awe.

"oh It's my scarf " I said dusting it off the strawberry shortcake crumbs and putting it on the other side.

"I can see your hair Miss Falaq-Naaz " he says softly.

I push the curly strands inside the pleats and raise my eyebrow for the review. He,just smiles.

"I did not mind it" he spoke smiling almost as he was shy.

My stomach fluttered with the look on his face but my eye, they were fix upon his smile, his rare precious but now the first time shy smile.

"I hope to keep your company Miss Falaq-Naaz. I hope I won't scare you away" he said ever so sadly now. Like a blink of an eye he had a change of heart.

"I am not scared of you" I said bravely but the truth was something different, different than I knew,different than it was.

"are we both bad liars? " he asked.

"One of us definitely is"

He laughed uncertainty.

"I do not mind your hair showing. Nor I mind your soul" he stated with an emotion I could not read.

Then he walked away. He says things I don't understand, he sparks emotions that comprehends. Now when I sit and pick out the pieces of what he says and what I said. There I see him standing like a poetry to me. Something I yearn but I do not understand or I misinterpret or mishandled. Something fragile something solid. Unbreakable yet broken.....

When I sat on the lunch table and patted Fateh to swallow the food I saw them all enter.

"I am glad you decided to feed him first" Al-Shizad stated and Fateh and him bumped their fists into a friendly relief.

Al-Souffian with Al-Wais always can be seen.

They all sat but unlikely joined Ar-Danish comes and join with a bandaged head.

"Morning Falaq" he greeted with a wide smile.

"Good morning " I replied and turned to Fateh.

Why is he back?

"Falaq you look gorgeous today! " Ar-Danish exclaimed loudly.

Uncomfortably I shifted my hair strand behind my ear.

"Thank you Danish" I replied with a tense voice.

"call me Dan " he said.

I did not say anything further but I watched Al-Wais staring at me.

It wasn't his stare, it had specks of rage, some undone emotion and a half of what I call irrational irritation.

We had food in a complete noise of only forks and knives;also heartbeat. Chaos of heartbeats.

I completed the lunch and moved out. When it was completely dark and time for dinner again, I came out of the room.

"are you unwell? " Fateh asked me.

"No I am fine" I said with a concern that he is turning more and more like The Elahim Brothers.

I avoided conversation with Al-Hassan when I saw him approaching and then with myself because I felt guilty that I did.

Now I stumbled upon a table, half eaten plate, a small lightness lamp and eyes, deep, concerned, confused eyes.

Nowhere to go. I knew nothing that was happening within the scared heart.

I whispered "Assalamualaikum"  to my own self. May be peace be upon you.

May peace be within me.

Since dua's  are long to  be heard of sins I have done, there's peace somewhere else that I know but there's a lone feeling too when I sit with him. Because when you  like something,you yearn for it and when you cannot seek it,you feel like a fail.... And I am failing because when I look at the back I see what I want but I cannot want it, this want is unacceptable.....