Are you Afraid of the Dark?

I made scrambled eggs and he fidgets with his spoon.

"why don't you say you want to go home? " I stated.

"Why don't you stab yourself with the spoon "

I shook my head. Mr Moody.

"do you want to go out. We need groceries as well" I asked.

"Where is the house keeping? "

I sat next to him and he looks at me disgusted.

"The City bores an expensive lifestyle. House keeping is less common and also I don't think we need anyone. After all it's just us"

"You mean you can do all the cleaning and other chores? " he was surprised.

"I did all of it back at my home" I assured him.

"No,you had Mrs Kasheefa " he responded.

"No I mean, my home. My Father's home "

He frowns.

"Are we going? " I asked collecting his smokes in my lungs.

"Alright" he stated.

We went to the market place. He becomes numb seeing the hoard. Hailing from the Unknown part of the world, he screens everything like a foreign being.

"Are you alright? " I asked.

He did not answer. Oh not again.

"Al-Souffian? " I said his name stressing over the syllables.

"Huh? "

I sighed plenty breaths of relief.

I was buying and he stared me.

We bought rest of the things from the Supermarket. He was paying in Cash. I was surprised at the fact that he knew well how to use cash.

When I raised eyebrows in Appreciation, he looked at me furiously.

I grinned.

"Ladyship, Shall we go home Now? I am extremely exhausted " he exclaimed tired.

I saw a few people turn to the sound of his language.

We moved out, it was six in the evening. The high time of the place. I forgot the way back home so we were navigating through.

The place was crowding and we were being pushed away in the swamp of people.

His face turned red and he was wide eyed staring into the white space. I instantly recognized that he was panicking.

"Al-Souffian? "

He looked at me and the brief moment upturned into a vigorous event. The wave of heads and bodies pushed us like the foam of the sea.

I lost him.

There in the crowd, I pushed people. I mercilessly dragged my feet. Helter and skelter. Crying and screaming his name I swam to the pavement.

I cried "Al-Souffian !!!"

I ran into the crowd again. I pushed people and screamed. The agonizing pain grew into my feet. I lost him.

I lost Al-Souffian.

My voice burned on the street like a blue flame.

Defeated,

I sat on the dirty pavement.

The muddy orange sky falling into the purple pit of dark.

Al-Souffian.....?

Breathless yet breathing.