§

2nd June 2013

Dear Fathimah,

This might be the last letter before the long journey I am going to commence. All is over Fathimah, I have lost, we have lost. I cannot further hold myself. I had sold my soul to the wind, it may carry me wherever it may please.
Last month they took over Dad's signature and now the house belongs to them, as expected they broke the property into four leaving no share for Fateh, I was still further into their minds to be acknowledged. Dad fought but Dad is weak. It astounds me, their language. Their pitch in which they talk to father. I feel ashamed as a daughter, who can't do anything for her parents and every time that I recall the moments passed this week, I feel like I should tear every single flesh from my body to the ground; I fought with my own brothers for mothers jewellery...
They took everything but her jewellery was open to me, they wanted it but I refused. The sole thought of the women who never respected the women who wore it before nor the man to whom it belonged rationally strung inside me. I could never let my mothers beloved jewels on someone else. Partly out of her love, partly because I had to pass it to one little successor who was barehanded in this fight, Fathimah Fateh does not understand what is happening but he is sad that he has to leave his friends, his nieces, and nephew, his city, his home.
To me all is dead. When a few weeks ago dad decided on leaving this house, it was  heart shattering to see no effect on the people I call my blood bond brothers. They did not even ask dad once where he'd go? Why would he go? Isn't this his house?!
Cold inside and brutal outside. Their morality is dead. When he announced that he could not take his pride to be hammered every day and that he would leave the next week, there was no voice, my inside sobbed but still, no voice held him back. Dad stated he would take me, Fateh and grandma with him but still, there was no objection.
My eyes couldn't believe the sight but dearest Fathimah I no longer even for a minute want to stay in this house. I have packed my bags and I am leaving with my family, my own.
Where would we go, nor proper shelter or enough money with my bedridden grandma?
Dad said his friend, a very old friend whom he had helped in business has offered him a new perspective. I wonder how would he work, it had been years since he has worked now, his finger is crooked and his hair grey, his spine has bent...How would work at this age...
I constantly fear the life ahead, multiple times have I thought to put an end to all our miseries together but seems like from grandma who is the oldest is too serving a purpose my lord had devoted her too, how should I lose hope... But it gets tiring, awfully and extremely.
We leaving for the countryside. I would write to you as soon as I find a way. Fathimah pray for me, my family and my brothers too that they may receive mercy not only from my lord but me and from my father for I seem unable to forgive them.
Outside this city, near the countryside. My dad's friend Mr. Elahim lives. The address that I could peak boldly said
DAR-AL-MAQAMAH.
I do not know where exactly I am leaving for but I am sure nowhere could be worse than this. So I am leaving forever this city, sadly I could not see you. I hope we can meet before we meet our ends.
Do not respond to me until I send you a letter again. Take care of your family, most importantly yourself. I love you Fathimah. May Allah bless you with the highest rank in Jannah. Ameen.

Your dearest
Falaq-Naaz.