Friends?

"And who is the fussiest? " I asked in the hearty conversation with Mrs. Salma.

"Oh, Al-Shizad.  The most patient is Al-Hassan" she said.

"really? " I asked.  Nothing can be set about the brother, they are much different than they appear to be.

Now I've had been around all of them, talked to them, I know them.  Or at least I think I do.

I ambled across the house in the night. It was after dinner, my father was leaving again.

"bring me a Lego superhero on your way back" Fateh demanded.

"okay. Anything for you Mama?" dad asked grandma.

"no no, just get this girl married somewhere " she exclaimed.

"That is not in our hands Ma"

"dad I need new clothes," I said.

He did not answer. He went away.
My heart sank.

"I'll get you new clothes soon as I grow up" Fateh consoled Me.

I smiled.

Now Fateh was in bed and grandma was snoring.  I couldn't sleep.  When I am sad I am not even scared.  I roamed the house.

Finally, in the largest balcony of Dar-Al-Maqamah, I sat on the vacant chair beside Al-Wais. 

"don't tell me to go" I sat stubbornly.

"I wasn't going to ask you to leave anyway." he smiled.

They smile when they want, growl when they want to.  They have greater mood swings than the wild air of Africa.

"there was this one man from the western Antarctica who had a son who eloped. It was after seven years that the son realized that he had wronged by running away and he returned and when he did return, he found the whole family Dead " he said.

"what's the point? " I asked.

"Nothing," he said.

I laughed.  "Randomness"

"you've been to Irish lands? " he questioned.

"no"

"oh, they are breathtaking. Cliff of Moher; the edge of that cliff has some wildness about it, you can smell the scent of madness.  The ocean below your feet, at such height you feel closer to death yet full of life.  I jumped in. The most amazing feeling of letting go" he stated.

"where else have you been? "

"Sofia in Bulgaria, beautiful city.  Ottoman culture.  The golden heights; favorite. The Salinas Grandes, Argentina. The mass white sand washed pure and clean under powder blue sky.  John Ring in Cambodia, you must see that place, they have no roads there, a twenty bungalows maybe. Earth at it's finest.
Closer to my heart is York, united kingdom.  Cathedrals, an old traditional inevitable charming city with best tea"

"I wish...I wish to travel across all these places. You have traveled a great deal"

"I have. I am grateful. My Uncle Reverend Charles Salamander was my guide when I was a teen. Then from college, I took hands in solo trips but then I landed home and thence I fell in love with the walls here. Here I find every single quality of Every place I've seen and of once I could not"

"you never know what you're missing until you meet it"

He laughed.

"Fortunately for me, I do not think like you. إصلاح الموجود خير من انتظار المفقود
(It's better to fix what you have than wait to get what you don't have)"