Rock and Rain

We drove past, the muddy scents. The cannabis plants. The murky grassroots and the vile scent of green poisonous plants. The olive gardens with stale scents and the aggressive winds and their inappropriate rub.

Al-Souffian was in the front seat.
I sat alone staring the vacant loneliness beside me.

The throat grew thorns inside my throat but to halt was always a great danger.

I saw Al-Souffian slipping into a gentle sleep. I too slept.

The morning pricked into our eyes. I checked Al-Souffian, the cold reaching his cheeks and colouring him red.

"Al-Souffian, do you want my scarf? " I asked

"For what Ladyship? "

"you are Cold"

"So are you"

"But I don't need it"

"me neither"

I shook my head.

We drove past a City.

He was asleep throughout.

We stepped out at the airport.

An airport?

We followed the driver. Nobody asked questions.

I looked at Al-Souffian completely lost. His emotion flowing through his face. He looked around. The anxiety parellel, visible and crippling stripped him.

I reckoned he had never seen so many faces. I, myself found the social aura new.

We walked down and boarded our flight. He was quiet as pond. There only ripples in his brows, he was quite as a pond.

Everything was new to him, the faces, the place and I felt sad for him, he looked out of the window completely perplexed of the way things are going for him.

I felt the dire need to wrap him into affection because he looked lonely.

We departed from the known City to the unknown.

Everything from the seat belts to the air hostess, to the driver and car,to the traffic and passengers in the city was offending to Al-Souffian; who knew everything but now knew nothing.

The house helper of Dar-Al-Maqamah that first escorted us but then dissaperred, Mr Rahim welcomed us.

The chaos of the city beating our minds slowly faded away when we closed the windows of the car.

Al-Souffian, in the front seat was silent like the stars in the sky if the city. They are beautiful, they are breathtaking but they can't be seen because nobody sees them....

We parked under the roof of the parking lot. A hig-rise. I saw Al-Souffian not moving.

The driver unloaded the bags. Mr Rahim helping him.
I stood at a side.
Melancholy.

"Your Ladyship, welcome. Let me escort you to your new Home " Mr Rahim said so easily.

I stared Al-Souffian.
There were several feelings inside me but I could not choose what to believe in me.

"Madam we must go" Mr Rahim repeated.

I sighed.

"Al-Souffian, we are here. Let's go" I spoke to him.

He was fixed.

"Al-Souffian? " I called again.

"Al-Souffian?.... Are you okay? " I asked yet again.