Chapter 33

"Your presence is a gentle caress to my soul."

Aahana was made to face a little of Atharva's past yesterday and today was no exception

Aahana was made to face a little of Atharva's past yesterday and today was no exception. In fact, a bigger part of him was going to be exposed today, and he didn't know how to begin.

Day turned into night and Atharva hadn't said a word to Aahana. He looked very distracted and conflicted throughout the day.

Though they'd become closer now, be it Atharva and Aahana sharing the same bed, driving to the office together, holding hands, smiling a lot more, Aahana knew Atharva still had so much to tell and he probably didn't want to do so. It could be toxic for his state of mind. After all, it would be a stupid move to relive the past and deliberately ruin his present and overall the uncertain future.

It was sometime during the night after dinner when they were off to sleep but couldn't. There was too much on Atharva's mind and he felt like he'd explode if he didn't let it out.

And for Aahana, the constant thunder and pitter-patter of raindrops against the window were disturbing to the extent that she could only stare at the ceiling.

"Aahana?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you asleep?"

Aahana rolled her eyes and propped up on her elbow, her palm supporting her head to get a better look at his face. "Yes, I'm, and the one speaking to you is her twin sister."

Atharva ignored her sly remark and absently ran his fingers through her tresses. "So, uh, how does coffee sound?"

"It's 2 at night?" she reasoned, leaning closer to his face.

"I know, but I thought we, uh, are awake, so uh- okay stop it."

"Stop what?" Her eyebrows knitted in puzzlement as she gazed into his eyes.

"Uh, you're trap-trapping m-me," he sputtered.

A wide grin broke out on Aahana's face. She sat upright and gathered her hair into a messy ponytail. "Coffee sounds awesome to me. I'll be right back."

"Huh?" He blinked. Once. Twice. "Oh, no. Wait. You don't have to."

Aahana arched an eyebrow, her eyes shining with mirth as she followed him to the kitchen. "Alright, I'll help you."

"Sure thing. Go and watch Tv."

Aahana groaned. "Not again."

"Shoo already."

"Fine. We are watching conjuring 1 & 2." She kept a straight face while Atharva turned to look at her with a horrified expression.

"Right now?"

She giggled inwardly and nodded, leaving him alone outside the kitchen.

Obviously, she was kidding. She had already watched the movie too many times with Jay and Naina, so it was kind of boring now. It wasn't even anywhere close to scary.