[ 5 ] - Tutoring Meetings

I loathed Monday's

       I loathed Monday's. And not like everyone else loathed Monday's, no, it's because this particular Monday I'd have to try and befriend Noah Grey. I had decided the day before that I would listen to my mother's words and try to be his friend or at least someone he could come to whenever things got rough, but I was now regretting my decision the moment my eyes opened this morning. Just the very thought of trying to actually talk to him was unsettling my stomach in the most horrible way possible and making me break out into pits of sweat that could fill up jars that it was unbelievable.

But even as nervous as I was, I still tried to think of today like any other day. As usual, I woke up and got dressed like nothing was supposed to happen today. As usual, I walked to the local coffee shop and ordered my breakfast like nothing was supposed to happen today. And as usual, my quiet walk towards the school was ruined by someone who just needed to rant whatever problem they had to me because I was the only one who would listen. Everything was as usual, but it wasn't enough.

I closed my locker shut as the first school bell of the day rang and turned on my heels down the hallway of students walking in duos towards their classes, doors started closing leaving me to hurry so my English class with Mrs. Williams wouldn't start without me and/or lock me out. Again. As I neared the corner towards my class down the hall my English book and another text book for my next class that was fairly thick started slipping through my hold, I looked down and struggled to hold them both, but the amount of sweat coating my clammy palms made it difficult to do so. "Oh, come on."

A scrambled groan escaped my throat when I felt the textbooks slip through my hold again, I paused near the hallway and attempted to use my knee as a boost to hold them against my chest but failed when my English book started sliding down my front. "Ugh, you suck!" I wasn't aware of the one student lurking in the halls from the other side watching as a struggled to hold two very big textbooks in my frail arms, but soon after I was when he cleared his throat and hurried away from me.

I felt the a light coat of blotches on my cheeks and starting down my neck at that. I felt myself moving forward as a tried again to boost up the books to my chest while still hunched over, not paying attention to where I was going I walked the two steps before turning on the corner with my legs still pushing upward on the bottoms of the books, then rammed my head into someone's back and/or stomach. I proceeded to jump back and let go of the books in one motion as my hands to cover my mouth since I was in a small state of shock. "I'm -- I'm really so . . . "

My eyes widened ten sizes their size when I spotted who I just rammed with my head. I felt my throat starting to close up on me. The blotches were now loud and flaming up my face and chest when I realized I had just rammed Noah Grey, and he didn't look to pleased about it. But that frightening feeling was pushed aside when I noticed the cuts and bruise forming underneath his eye. His beautiful shade of sky blue eyes . . .

I wanted to ask him if he was okay because in this lighting he really didn't. I wanted to ask him if I hurt him as badly as I thought I did. I wanted to apologize for ramming him. I wanted to ask him how he got those bruises and cuts on his face. I wanted to do a lot of things, but didn't take action in them.