[ 17 ] - Rumor Has It...

The worry for Alize i felt this morning hadn't left the entire day of school, it was stuck twisting and tightening in my chest causing my mind to race a mile a minute just wondering if she was okay and if she needed me at all

       The worry for Alize i felt this morning hadn't left the entire day of school, it was stuck twisting and tightening in my chest causing my mind to race a mile a minute just wondering if she was okay and if she needed me at all... mainly if she was regretting pushing me out the car on my butt. It wouldn't be a shocker if she was laughing at that fact by now; i just wish i knew if she was or not.

When i walked into Ms. Flanders' classroom she seemed really glad to see me, so glad she gave me an extra cookie on my way out to my next class and held my hand telling me how much Noah was improving on his work, i smiled and nodded at her words. I felt a little sense of pride when she showed me a quiz they had taken yesterday and the score he had gotten on it, apparently it was much better then his past ones and that made her smile wide in content. Noah got all but one question wrong. I was happy to know that the tutoring was working, even if we've only just started.

Ms. Flanders heard the warning bell for the next class and saw how crowded her room was and quickly ushered me out so i wouldn't be late to mine. Luckily Mrs. Strout's class wasn't as far as my previous one was so i made it there in record time, even with the pit stop to my locker for the right book.

As i walked into the class already filled with students sitting on tables and talking loudly with each other, i staggered. Instead of seeing the usual whiteish blonde short hair curled at the jaw, i saw long raven black hair down at the lower back. My brows furrowed in confusion, was Mrs. Strout absent today, or was this just a joke? I watched absentmindedly as the unknown woman wrote down today's lesson on the blackboard from the entryway of the class, who was this?

I didn't have time to think about it anymore as i automatically flinched away at the feeling of someone's presence really close behind me. I wasn't expecting it and was quick to flip my head to see who i was blocking, and of course it would be Noah standing so close i could feel his warmth and smell his scent. He smelt like old spice and fresh mint, today.

His eyes watched me closely, the light from above flickering something in them as he continued to look at me with a soft over glazed look that made my fingers loose feeling as i clutched the book hard. I felt my face flush instantly when i was able to process the sudden feeling of sparks running up and down the left side of my body; his hand had instinctively held my waist to keep him from crashing into me. I could feel my lungs crushing against each other and feel the blood rushing to my head as my cheeks turned the darkest shade of red, my ears beginning the same transition the longer we stayed in this position. How ironic was this?

"You're here." He mumbled to me, emotion in his husky words.

As if my internal organs were having enough problems, this would be the icing on the cake. I could hear my heart pounding, feel it flutter at his words and couldn't help but suck in a large portion of air, my head was feeling dizzy. "I'm here." I unnoticeably mumbled back, breathless and flushed.