[ 12 ] - Mrs. Harrison & Custord

I couldn't control my shaking hands or racing heart that was drowning out all sound from my ears, my eyes shifted everywhere in worry and i couldn't find my breath, i'd never felt like this before. My skin felt cold. I fiddled with my fingers and tried to tell myself to calm down, but i couldn't; my mind was too jumbled up for any type of reasoning. Then Noah placed his round yet calming hand on my frantic ones making me look up at him, "He won't do anything or say anything to you, okay? I'll make sure of that."

I gulped down the lump in my throat and nodded. "Okay." I breathed.

Noah looked at me a moment longer making sure i was okay before he turned around and gently pulled me closer to him by the tip of his finger. I followed obediently and kept my head down. The heavy pounding of Noah's boots on the cement was a distraction for me, i counted how many steps it took him to get close enough, still with my head down. "What is this? Why are you here?"

My ears perked at the amount of hate and anger laced in Noah's words, the deep rumble of his voice made goosebumps appear on the back of my neck and made my cheeks burn; I continued to look down and concentrate on keeping calm.

A deep, airy chuckle was heard from the guy then a low scrape as he dragged his foot on the pebbled floor. "I think you know why i'm here, Noah. Let's not play stupid in front of the pretty girl, huh?" A harsh shudder went down my spine at the sound of his voice; it was dark and completely border-like creepy, but it had this slur that made my throat close. I felt eyes on me and tried to hide myself in my crewneck.

At his comment Noah stood taller and stepped an inch more in front of me, blocking me from the guy's view. "How about not mentioning the pretty girl, huh?" Noah mocked his tone darkly, his hand that was still holding mine tightening only slightly around my cold fingertips. "And how about you step aside so i could get to my car, i have places i need to go."

"Yeah, and where's that, Grey?" The guy suddenly snapped.

"That's none of your goddam business." Noah growled.

A scoff was what the guy said. Curious and scared i decided to look up, which i now regretted. His eyes, deeply blue and outlandish, were already looking into mine; piercing through me and making me gasp involuntarily and squeeze Noah's fingers. I felt Noah's body stiffen evidently and feel his hand clasping mine tightly, his rough fingertips slowly rubbing circles on my knuckles in a sign of comfort.

The guy finally broke our gaze by looking back at Noah after a long pause, he scoffed again and rolled his eyes. "Yeah, alright," he sighed and stepped down off the curb as a sign of defeat. He stepped to the left a few more times before Noah decided it was okay to let me through, but keeping me attached to his hip. Again i looked down and stayed looking down until i was inside the car, Noah subtlety rushed to the drivers side and hopped in.

"Don't worry though, Grey, i know how to reach you!"

Noah didn't waste any time getting into the car and backing out of the parking lot, leaving the guy behind in the dust.

******

The car turned off once we were parked directly in front of my house, i peeked up through my lashes and saw the driveway empty, which was a good thing. Even though Carter and Hannah did nothing all day but kept to themselves, it was nice to have the house to myself again. The peace and quiet hasn't been a problem for me in years; sometimes i actually found myself craving to be alone in a big empty house. It was nice to have that again.

"I'm sorry about what happened back there, Jamie." Noah said lowly, breaking my train of thought and making me look at him. "That guy back there... he's... he just brings a lot of trouble with him, and you didn't need to be apart of that."