[ 6 ] - Library Scares

It wasn't often where I found myself overly agitated about something

It wasn't often where I found myself overly agitated about something. I always saw myself as an understanding and open minded person, and so did many others, seeing as how my schoolmates had the hunch to always complain to me about the problems happening in their lives. I don't mind it, but sometimes it could get a little annoying. Especially when I was at the college library waiting for Noah to come so we could get done with this tutoring session and then discuss about the schedule. This was possibly the worst time to come and chat with me about peoples problems, and yet no one seemed to notice — or care.

I was in the middle of searching for a book to read while waiting. It was hot outside so I had taken off my green and black checkered flannel and was now just in a flow-y black v-neck that exposed my arms showing everyone how pale I actually was in the state of California, my hair was once down and in nappy waves but now was up in a messy ponytail. The air conditioning in the library was fairly good. So good that I had regretted my decision of ever taking off my flannel in the first place, my arms were covered in goosebumps and I felt the cold chill shimmy down my spine aching my lower back. And that's when it happened.

"Oh, thank god i found you, Jamie!" Exclaimed a male voice just a few feet away, I gasped at the sound of my name and jolted upward and smacked my face on the ladder I was seated in front of.

A quiet groan of pain emitted from my chapped lips at the near numbness on my forehead due to the impact, my frail hands reached up to press down on the aching spot and my face scrunched up. The person who called me was being shushed by a lot of people as he made his way down the aisle and towards my aid, when he was close I felt his hesitating yet warm hand ghosting over my arm and nearly rolled away from him. "Oh, shit, sorry!" The guy whispered loudly earning more shushes, "Are you okay?"

Unable to speak I nodded my head which caused strands of hair to fall and frame the chubbiness of my flaming cheeks. A searing heat traveled the insides of my brain making it feel like it was getting attached by angered children, I groaned again and ran my thinning fingers through the strands of my thick hair trying to cease it, but that somehow made it worse. "You sure? You don't look that good right now."

I nodded my head again and licked my bottom lip, "Yeah -- yeah, I'm fine." I managed to choke out without sounding harsh. But that didn't matter seeing as how even if it was harsher than it sounded, the guy wouldn't care anyway. As soon as those words were spoken he started on with his problems, "Great! Uh, well, firstly, I just wanted to get something off my chest, and everyone knows that if they want to just rant or something then to come too you -- I don't know why, but you're like hot spot for listening to people's problems, I guess. Which is cool! Don't get me wrong, it's . . . fan--fantastic with what you're doing here and -- "

"Please," I begged, "Please, just, not right now. I can't -- I can't listen to someone just babble on right now, so, please just . . . " A sigh of frustration suddenly came from my throat, I could feel everything in my brain telling me to just brush this guy off so I could get some peace and quiet, but something else twirled in my stomach and told me not too. Thankfully he got the message and apologized before leaving, the odd chirpy sound in his voice long gone and replaced with a gloomy monotoned one that made me want to take back what I said and call him back. But I didn't.