[ 26 ] - Something Special

It took days until Noah was able to be do anything without needing to stop for a moment because of the discomfort coming from his bruised ribs. It was ever rare whenever i didn't sense this, his low groans and hisses of pain and sharp intakes of air whenever he did something sudden or not always caught my attention, though. He never allowed me to help, but never protested when i would disobey against his will and take over whatever he was doing without a second thought, it wouldn't be until i felt Noah's eyes pierce through me like glass with a little amusing smile curling around his lips that i would become flustered and blush madly — which only seemed to make him narcissistic and tease me whenever he'd see it.

Because i was worried constantly about his well-being, Noah and i had grown accustomed to spending more time together. And now that we had ways of contacting each other, it was easier to see how the other was doing without having to wait until seeing each other in person to know.

Before Noah i wouldn't really worry about my phone. I only ever used it to contact my family if anything ever happened to me or if something ever happened to them, (obviously), but i mainly just used it for Tumblr and Twitter; and whatever game i was interested in at the moment. My phone — and whatever was on it — was never something i took personally.

It was just a phone, after all.

Anyone could just grab it and go, and really i don't think i'd care at all, because it was just a phone. Everything important on it was always saved on something else i owned so there would not be any concern about anyone trying to use my information or anything so that was always something nice to dismiss.

Now, though, i needed it more than ever.

This little device with a simple white phone case surrounding it's thinness had suddenly became the most needed thing besides my keys and chewing gum, and i hadn't even realized it until one night at dinner that Hannah had caught me using it more than usual.

Carter was gone doing his own think with some friends that had stopped into town, James and Willa had traveled back home, so that just left Hannah, my mom, Alize and myself to eating chicken. Dad was always busy at work to even come home some nights so that was no worry anymore. Mom and Alize were wrapped up in their own conversation about every topic in the book to which Hannah would only speak when she was interested, and i was on my phone asking if Noah had eaten anything and if he'd like me to bring him something.

I usually ended up having to bring him food because he always forgot to feed himself with all the sleep he was getting from the very strong pain killers his dad had supplied in their house — this was the clear sign i took that he knew exactly what was going on in his son's life, and for that i felt more comfortable when Noah was home with him.

I had a feeling Paul felt the same whenever i was around with Noah, and i only have this feeling because of the way Paul seems to relax whenever he sees that i'm there at their house.

That night after dinner when everyone had dispersed to their own thing, Hannah had lingered in the kitchen a little while longer and backed me into a corner when both my mother and Alize were gone.

"Who's the guy?" She whispered over my shoulder as i loaded the dishwasher.

I jumped and gripped onto the counter, craning my neck to the right and flinching back when i noticed Hannah's eyes trying to burn holes in my head with an intense stare that had my knees buckling. "Wh-what?"

Hannah rolled her crystallized eyes at my response and let out a breathless chuckle, "Oh, c'mon, Jamie. Your really gonna make me repeat myself?" A smile i wasn't very fond of somehow stretched across her face making her look insane. "I know there's a guy you're talking to, your phone kept buzzing every five minutes like a timer during dinner and you were smiling whenever it did."