[ 14 ] - Unexpected Visits

Alize was the only friend i had growing up, which is odd since i tend to not have that kind of magnetizing pull toward anyone ever, but to her i did

       Alize was the only friend i had growing up, which is odd since i tend to not have that kind of magnetizing pull toward anyone ever, but to her i did. We were in second grade when we met. She was watching from afar on the playground as i sat alone on a bench just watching all the other kids play with their friends, she had done this for a while until one day at recess she stomped her way infront of me, her arms were crossed and their was this weird gleam in her blue eyes, and she looked like she was not taking no for an answer.

"I like you." She stated in her squeaky little girl voice.

I didn't say a word. I was too shocked.

"You're not like all the other kids who think the tooth fairy still comes at night to collect your teeth for money," she sighed — what she hadn't noticed were the little girls sitting behind us at another table looking at her with fear in their eyes, they really hadn't known the tooth fairy wasn't real. "How would you like to be my friend?"

I still didn't say a word. But that didn't stop her from smiling wide and sitting next to me and start chattering my ear off about her view of the world.

You see, Alize grew up learning the true ways of life, for instance: she was taught to trust in your gut, to always do what you feel is right and not let anyone walk all over you; she was also taught to not take anyone's crap, only worry about yourself and yourself only. These instincts were passed down from her great grandfather, to her grandfather, then to her father, and lastly to her. She would always tell me that she would explain these methods to her future children, and to her future grandchildren if she ever would have them. I would always laugh and wave it off, but i seriously always thought that she wasn't kidding about that stuff. Her and her family were knitted tightly together like that.

From second grade all the way to tenth grade we were always together. Always bonded tightly together by the hip and never once ever leaving the other behind.

But that was until her mother died of lung cancer. After that, her father couldn't stand being here, the place his wife loved the most and decided to move away all the way to Seattle. I'd never felt pain like that in my life. Not when other kids would laugh and make fun of me for my odd silence and need to be alone, and certainly not when i learned the ways of the Toretto house hold. This pain was different, it hurt me both mentally and emotionally. I would go days without speaking — more then usual, i'm guessing — and that really scared my mom and dad.

Alize was the only living person who understood me through and through, the only person confident and stubborn enough to push past all my defenses and show me what having a friend — what having a sister was like, and for that i couldn't thank her enough. Without her there by my side every single day of my life, i don't think i'd be the person i am today. Of course, some people may say different, but i wouldn't.

I couldn't.

I won't.

And of course sometimes people, when they move into the 'long distance' relationship, they somehow drift apart. It happens all the time to people all around the world; it's hard remembering to message someone or call someone when you're busy living your life away from them, and i never held a grudge against Alize for that. She had a family, mainly brothers and a dad to console for that loss they experienced, and somewhere along the way i understood that she didn't have enough time to help our relationship when she needed that free time to focus on herself. I understood that. In that time i realized a lot about myself.