[ 45 ] - Just A Little Longer

The first thing I noticed when I finally came around was the lack of pressure and warmth applied to my body, and that alone caused me to lurch upward in fear that everything that happened last night was nothing but what I dreaded most: a dream. Tears were already streaming down my cheeks, my sore eyes scrambling to every surface searching for him when a warm hand was delicately placed on my knee. In seconds my eyes zeroed in on Noah already scooting closer to me from the other side of the couch, his eyes catching mine and putting me at ease instantly.

"Hey, hey, hey, what's wrong?" The low gruff of his voice made my ears tingle, "Come here, love. I'm here, okay? You don't need to worry anymore."

Like a toddler I crawled toward him then wrapped myself around him; my arms around his neck and legs on either side of his thighs as I found comfort in hiding my face in his neck. The fresh smell of shampoo came wafting at my senses, and I slumped into his hug. "M'sorry," I scratchy voice mumbled, "I thought it was just a dream."

"So did I," He admitted low in my ear, "But then I felt your phone going off in your pocket and it was all better."

I nuzzled myself deeper, trying to make myself disappear in him before I realized what he said. "By the way, I think you should call your mom or someone because I'm pretty sure your family thinks you're dead."

"Oh, god!"

Quickly I detangled myself from him, my hands going for my pockets for the phone but it wasn't there. I looked at Noah, then sighed in relief as he reached to the left of him and handed it to me with an apologetic smile curled at his lips. "I'm sorry, I had to charge it."

I exhaled deeply, shaking my head and slightly wanting to toss the phone aside and hug him again- but when I tried Noah leaned back and shoved the phone back into my grasp.

"Go call your family," He calmly demanded, "They're worried about you."

"They'll be fine," I argued lightly and tried again, this time succeeding as I nuzzled my face back into his neck, lightly kissing the warmth under his jaw and humming in delight.

We stayed there for a moment, the silence swirling around us so comfortably that it nearly put me to sleep again, but then- "Jamie," He suddenly drawled lowly in my ear, his warm breath fanning against my skin just right, "D'you mind doing something for me?"

Quickly warmth spread throughout my body, also for the hundredth time, once his hands were firmly pressed on my hips, his mouth purposely dragging to my lips drawing my head from his neck to meet him. The low hood of his eyes as they sparkled mischievously was what made me breathless, and the small curve of his lip told me he knew.

"Please call them back for me, tell them you're fine and healthy and afterword, I promise it'll just be you and me and no one else to bother us, hm? Does that sound good?"

My head was splitting in two at the sudden shift in his demeanor; the soft look in his eyes and the way he appeared to be begging made my body feel weird, almost hormonal. My arms trembled and I couldn't think straight, but even so- how was I supposed to deny him that when he was looking at me like that? Looking at me so prettily and pushing it when his eyes seemed to grow bigger, more innocent and sending my head spiraling out of control.

I couldn't.

And he probably knew it.

"Jamie?" He tilted his head, furthering the affect he had on me and making me jump back from him.

"O-Okay..." I huffed, scolding myself for being so weak, "Just... s-stop looking at me like that!"

"Like what?" His eyes were bright with accomplishment- I could see it. But the innocent facade was making me malfunction against it.