[ 30 ] - Crystal Clear

I was excited and nervous when I woke up exactly an hour after Noah had left. I was up with a jump, gasping with my blood racing as I quickly glanced at my clock near my bed, it read 7:05 AM leaving me with enough time to get ready by the time Noah was to come back and pick me up for school. Custord was sitting on the window sill watching me as I shot up from my mattress and gathered whatever clothes I could find that looked good enough in my hurried state and rushed toward the bathroom for a quick shower.

When I was done I got dressed then blow dried my hair. My whole morning process felt longer than usual, and it took longer than usual when I looked back at the clock and saw that it was almost 7:55.

I grabbed a pair of vans from my closet and pulled them on my feet, hopping around as i tried to pull them on with Custord still staring at me. Huffing i grabbed the homework I wasn't able to finish last night and my textbooks from my desk and placed them in my bag as well as my keys, I kept my phone in my hand just in case Noah was to message or call me when he was outside. I took the stairs two-by-two, and for that I had almost slipped and fallen to my death more times that I could keep track of.

In the kitchen I could hear my mother and Alize conversing in low yet happy tones, when I entered they were standing side by side near the stove with coffee mugs sitting beside each of the end of the opposite counters. Hannah and Carter were sitting at the island counter on the high chairs, both on separate laptops with stacks of papers around them. I was curious for a moment at what the papers were about and leaned on the free chair beside Carter to look at the laptop screen he was currently looking at, "What's this?" I asked him.

Carter turned his head slightly before looking back at the screen, "University enrollments," Carter fully turned his head now to look at me with a forced smile, "Fun, right?"

I looked at him confusingly, "I thought you weren't gonna go to University?"

Carter shrugged his shoulders in defeat and turned back to the screen, "Not my choice anymore."

Of course it wasn't, my mother has always been persistent about her children going to University at some point in their lives and getting a degree in something. She always wants to brag to her friends about us and what grey accomplishment we do with our lives. I looked over to Hannah's laptop and saw her looking through some online clothing store, expected.

"What happened last night?" Carter whispered.

The color drained from my face as i processed his words; what was i supposed to say? What was he talking about? Could there be a slim chance that he was talking about Noa- no. That couldn't have been... right?

I blinked and inhaled deeply, "Wh-what?" I stammered nervously.

Carter discreetly sent me a look which made my cheeks shift a ferocious red. "With Alize and Jesse. I figured she would've told you what happened last night, didn't she?" He questioned with his brows furrowed deeply.

Of course that's what he was talking about, I thought quietly to myself.

I answered with a small shake of my head, "No. No, she didn't."

Carter looked a little disappointed but didn't say anything about it, only looking back to his laptop. Alize noticed my presence and popped up right beside me, "Morning, sleepy-head." She chirped with her arm over my shoulder.

I jumped at the contact and looked at her with shock. "Hey," I gulped down the little bit of mouthwash I accidentally swallowed earlier, "Why so chirpy this morning?"

There was this sudden glow about her today. Her eyes were the brightest I've ever seen them and she was pink in the cheeks. I haven't seen her so carefree since her mother passed away. "Oh, nothing," She smiled and brought her a gentle closed fist up to my shoulder hitting me playfully, "Just feeling happy, is all. "