5: He Loves Me

It has been about a month since my sister and mom died and i was still wondering why Sal did that for me like he really could have just sat there and watched what Chris did to me. but he didn't, he saved my life.

"Hey Brian, i'm gonna ride my bike down to Sal's" I say, Sal lived right down the street from us it wasn't to far so i could ride my bike there.

"Okay, you know you could call me dad now, it's been 2 months Riv" He looked at me "Why are you going over to Sal's anyway" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well first i am not used to calling you dad and second i have to talk to him okay?" I say trying to sound annoyed.

"Okay just  be back by 8" Brian says.

"Ok da- Brian bye" I say.

"Bye" Brian said running up the stairs. I made my way to Sal's house and as i park my bike, i walk up the driveway and saw Joe inside talking to Sal who looked stressed and frustrated with his head in his hands. I knock on the door and Joe answers "Hey River, how are ya?" As soon as Joe greeted me Sal lifted up his head with a small smile.

"Hey Joe, I'm not good really i was wonder-" Joe interrupted me.

"Oh whats wrong kiddo?" He said with a small frown.

"It's Sal" I whisper so that Sal could not hear me.

"Oh is everything okay with him?" Joe said confused.

"I really need to talk to Sal privately Joe please" Sal looked up when i said that. He looked scared and nervous about what was about to happen.

"Okay then, hey Sal i will talk to you later buddy see ya" Joe says as he grabbed his jacket and left the house.

"Sal i need to talk to you" I said in a very sad and confused voice. It took Sal a minute to answer, but he finally got the courage to stand up and talk to me which gave me the feeling Sal and Joe were talking about me he seemed very nervous when i got here but what do i know he could be in love with some other girl that was not me but whatever. 

"Sure Riv, what's up?" He says while standing up and walking over to me.

"I wanna know why you technically saved my life from Chris a few months ago when you could have just stood there like the other guys" I say confused and concerned because Sal does not really seem like person to do that i would think Brian would do it.

"I guess you do need the truth River" Sal says, worried about what i was going to do.

"What truth?" I ask very worried with what was gonna happen.

"Listen River, when the guys saw Chris hurting you i told them not to do anything i said i would take care of it and i did" Sal says.

"But why?" I ask.

"Because i care about you" Sal says.

"Sal thank you so much, i care about you too, honestly Sal i love you so much" I say embarrassed. Did i really just say that what is wrong with you River?!.

"Sal i am so sor-" I got cut off by Sal's lips crashing into mine. The kiss lasted a few seconds before Sal broke away.

"River it's okay, i love you too" He said with a big smile on his face, happy that i felt the same way about him.

"I actually was practicing this question i have to ask you on Joe. That is why i look so stressed i did not know if it was the right way to ask you" He said nervously.

"Well what is it Sal?" I ask.

"River, will you be my girlfriend?" He asks, scared for a response.

"Oh my god, yes Sal i will" I say happily.

We began to kiss a lot after that and then i remembered Brian said i had to be home by 8, but what for i thought to myself.

"Hey Sal i gotta get home, Brian told me be there by 8 i don't know why" I say.

"Oh it's because us guys are coming over to hang. You can put your bike in my garage and i'll take you over to Brian's house" He said.

"Um okay lets go" I say.

As me and Sal were walking to the car my phone buzzed, it was Brian.

*Texts*

B ~ River where are you?

K ~ Sal is bringing me home

B ~ Tell him to hurry Joe and Murr are here already

K ~ Okay okay we are pulling in the driveway

B ~ Okay
                                                                                                                                                                                             *End of texts*

"Sal... what if the guys find out about us?" I ask, a little worried.

"They won't unless one of us tells them, everything is gonna be okay Riv i promise" He said 

"Okay Sal" He kissed me right after i said those words. The kiss got deeper every second we new we had to go inside or the guys would be concerned about why we are not in there.