6: All Part Of The Plan

Jawn had left and Geoff had headed to bed again although he refused to explain why.
So Otto and I were left alone.
Time to plan.

"We should not tell him where we're going say were visiting Housten." he proclaims.

"I don't want to lie to him."
Otto stares at my hair like he used to always do.
He hasn't done that in a while.
"I think we have to"
He ends up explaining with a sigh.

And he's right. Geoff doesn't want us to risk our lives for him but we'll do anything for him.

Anything.

Otto looks like he already has a plan I guess he always looks like he has a plan but this is different.
"We will say we are going to Jawns for a weekend he'll agree to come along. We will use his weakness as our weapon."
Otto says almost regretting the words that came out of his mouth.
"What weakness?"
I ask reading the curly haired boy's emotions, guilt.

"His weakness is how he doesn't want to be alone"
He pauses looking at the carton of orange juice.
"He doesn't want to fade completely alone."

~~~

The day drifted away quickly leaving only Geoff and I in the small apartment. The television flashed showing multiple different colors.
Geoff watched it in awe as a newscaster announced the weather, cloudy with a chance of slight showers.
Yay rain.
We get too much rain anymore I don't like it. I think it speeds up some fades too.
"Come lay down with me"
He demands but treats it more like a question.
How can I deny that broken little thing?

I sit on the opposite side of the couch he looks content but sad.
Like always.

We don't say a word he simply watched the TV as I admire his half gone body. Why does he hate it So much?
It truly is beautiful.

___

A/N I just realized that half this chapter was deleted but I can't remember what was in the other half. Sorry if this makes any confusion in the next chapter.