In The End, pt.2

Then I take step. A step off this bridge I've driven over and under all my life.
Plummeting down to the oncoming traffic

Then nothing.

That is all.

All that is left of this pathetic life that I've lived. I remember all the things I did wrong or right the time I've wasted. The only time that mattered was with Awsten. It didn't hurt that bad, dying was nothing worse than how it felt every day with the Glitch.

I don't know if I'm falling or on the ground I can't tell what I'm seeing either it's just a sudden flat light.  Is there even a ground or space to fall?

I try to talk, nothing. I try to move, nothing.

I guess all I can do is look out to the nothingness.

It slowly begins to get darker the white color forming into a light grey. The grey color of my old bedroom walls. And now I'm on my old bed. In my old house. With the same smells and details exactly how I remember it. My old Zelda game sits in its console and my guitar stands in the corner. My clothes cover up the floor.

It all is wrong. I haven't been in this house since my parents moved back when I was in the eleventh grade.
Silence.
Yet it all seems so right.

I venture out into the hallway so many memories stain these halls.

Still quiet. No one is here.
Why do I expect someone to be here yet at the same time not?

I continue to walk through the house nothing any different from the blurry memory in my head. How did I get here again?

I wander all the way out of the house. Nothing, no people no birds just a street with parked unmoving cars. I walk down the street and admire my old bike. How am I here now?
I walk down the block further to Otto's old house it's the most empty part of all of this. This house was bulldozed. It's gone but not now I guess. I think I'm completely alone.

I venture inside the house everything is how it was. His beloved drum-set like a mantel piece I feel like it's somewhat a good thing that he's not here, but I want to see him.

I don't want to b alone.

"Hello!" I scream out into the people less neighborhood.
"Is anyone here!"

I continue to walk to my house it's strange being alone like this.

I lay across the couch and stare up to the cream colored ceiling. I stay like that for who knows how long. It doesn't seem like I can get bored when I should be.

Eventually I look away from the cream colored ceiling and stare out the window. It's cloudy yet bright.
Now I feel lonely like something is so close but out of reach.
Like my arm is reaching out for something it can't find.

Days pass. I can't even tell if these days are real. Still I don't feel bored. It's just an emptiness that needs filling.

Silence fills my ears through these halls my footsteps even fail to capture noise. Time seems to not move at all.

And for the first time since I showed up here something different. Something fantastic.

My eyes can't comprehend what they're seeing.

"Hey Geoff."

I've never loved seeing a sight more.

"A-Awsten?"

The Glitch didn't bring us to the afterlife where everyone else goes.
It brought us to our own.

I never stopped having the Glitch I just brought Awsten with me.
I walk over to my old bed where Awsten is sitting, he looks so precious there.
We hold each other's hands, while sitting on the edge of my long gone bed.
Looking out to the stars of the night, the perfectly painted fence.

We're each other's silver linings.
Protecting each other from the worlds teeth.

Those stars seem dim compared to how happy I am to see him.

"I love you so much."

"I love you too baby."

We got to stay together after all.
That's all either of us ever wanted.

It's all we need.