15: Something About The Beanie Boy

"Lets get out of here!" a higly hungover Otto yells waking Geoff up, I had been pretending to sleep all night.
I can't afford another nightmare.

The first thing I notice when I open my eyes are the car-keys dangling from his hand.
"I don't think so! Not after last night!"
I scold snatching the keys.

"But I'm sober now!"
He protests but I just give him a nasty glare.
"I'm driving."

I takes a good forty-five minutes to get ready why does it take us so long?
I do care about my looks but I take ten minutes top for myself.
Geoff I can understand. He needs to cover up all the spots he's uncecure about.

I don't understand why he hates his body though,he's beautiful glitch or no glitch.

I'm thinking about Geoff too much again. He wants me to treat him like normal thinking about him 24/7 isn't normal.
Right?

The scenery is nothing just corn, a lot of corn. I hate driving through places like this nothing interesting happens around you it's just all the same.
In a way it's kind of creepy.

The compass rests on the dashboard pointing the way straight ahead. Still nothing interesting. Geoff sits silently in the backseat looking out to the large corn field. At least he looks content. Otto sits next to me eying the compass.
"It hasn't changed direction in a while, maybe we're getting close."
He suggests looking over to me.
"Who knows." I reply, I don't feel like talking right now.

But I need to.
I need to ask him what he meant last night,

"What do you remember from last night?"
I question and he looks at me questioning his own mind. He opens his mouth as if he is going to say something then closing it again.
Just spit it out already.
I know he wants to say something he just won't let himself.

"I know that you have something to say. Don't hold back on saying it."
I give him a look that explains we might be dead tomorrow.
Which isn't a lie. The government doesn't take this kind of thing lightly.

They don't want anyone messing with the glitch, but we are anyways. For Geoff.

Backstabbing Geoff risking our own lives.
What a life.

Our fake lives.

"I rember bits and pieces." he says with truth I can still tell when he's lying and when he's not. I probably will always be able to tell.

"Like barfing all over you." he spits out apologetically, and slightly guilty.
"Anything after that?"
I question wondering if the comment from the night before was all just jibberish.
"No."

Thats a lie.
My Otto lying detector went off, but I won't tell him that I'll let him lie.

~~~

Jawn: Where are you guys?

Jawn: I can't get in hold of Otto is everything alright?

Jawn: Please don't tell me you all got yourselves killed

I had let Otto start driving a while ago due to his treats to turn on 'Skat Man' I can't stand that song.
At least I get to sit next to Geoff again. I look down at the very cracked thirty dollar phone and contemplate if I should ignore the texts or not, Jawn has helped us out in the long run.
I'll talk to him even though his conversations are usually boring.

A: We're fine. Awwwah look at Jawn being oh so nervous about us!

Jawn: Believe it or not I care about you guys I just need to process the fact that I let you all go on this wild goose hunt.

A: You didn't have to let us, we would have done it anyways.

Jawn: I know.

Jawn: I know that you would die for Geoff.

Jawn: I notice the things like that.

A:  I what else do you notice? Huh?

Jawn: Stuff you don't need to worry about, Jellybean.

This is one of the reasons he's annoying I wan't to be able to worry about it not knowing is much worse.
Also the fact that he calls me Jellybean.

A: Who you calling Jellybean, Jellybean?

I hate texting.