24: As The Sky Starts To Fall

Geoff gazed up to the ceiling as I spaced out into my own world of painful memories.

I didn't need to be reminded of that Christmas. Too late.

Otto had started staring at the ground forcing back the tears. What a mess we all are.

Geoff begins to fade again. And yet again it looks natural in the setting. I can tell this one is painful. He grabs his stomach, well more like his intestines not much skin is left there.

He continues to stare at the ceiling. What is he looking at? We've been here for hours.

No one remembers why we're here anymore. No, we all remember, the idea's just burnt out and we're tired. My crowns falling to the floor my babies dying and my best friend is most likely getting shot in the back of the head.

We're all gloom boys and we're going to rot down here, where it all began. I wish I could have been smarter and thought things through, thought them through right.
Instead I brought a knife to a gunfight.

A knife won't get me through with all these bullets coming my way.

The emptiness while being lost in thoughts leaves my brain as everything begins to feel fast.

Geoff starts screaming as he falls to the ground his screams ring though my ears.

"I'm an idiot!"
His voice is slurred as the tears fall.
"I'm an idiot!"

"Idiot, Idiot, Idiot, IDIOT!"

It hurts to hear him insult himself. "What's wrong baby? You're not an idiot." I attempt to calm him but he only cries faster when he sees my face.

I didn't know that would hurt so bad. Why doesn't he want to look at me.

"You're not an idiot Geoff."

He shakes his head and stares to the ground avoiding looking at Otto or I.

"I did something stupid."

"I couldn't help myself."

Why am I scared?

"I did something bad."

I sit down next to him and rest his head on my lap. We've had enough tonight, or is it today? Too much watching our lives go to shit.

"I I-I d-did s-something,"
his stuttering makes the speeding time seem slow again,

"I did something bad for you."

"I did what you wanted."

The words that are coming out of his mouth into the air don't seem truthful I don't want to believe that they're true. If I do I might have my heart shattered again, it has been shattered who knows how many times

Geoff stops staring at the ground and looks up to me,

"I'm never going to leave you Awsten,"

"not anymore"