Chapter 27 Liberty

If my boss wasn't Justin Myles, we would've gotten into a lot of trouble. We still got an earful from the school authorities. We both shivered hugging the towels we were given as we were scolded like children by the guards. My boss got to experience  the high school version of being lectured.

I was distracted through the entire time even as the school principal castrated us over the phone. My boss was apologizing repeatedly while my teeth chattered uncontrollably. He tried to hide his sly smile when the people who caught us were going from annoyed to thankful due to all his donations to the school.

My head was filled with the an improper image of Justin - wet all over and breathless. Pool water running down his hair and his blue eyes happily staring into mine. The warm contact of our foreheads and noses. The cold water around us not bothering me at all compared to the tugging in my chest. The repeated kiss of air that joined our lips allowing me to breathe. He wasn't drunk and our eyes were open looking into each other as his kissable lips were pressed against mine. The slow music-less dance in the moonlight and his mostly humming rendition of Last Christmas as he led me into a waltz.

We had a couple of beers so we weren't drunk. The suspension bridge effect - that was probably it. I've seen it in movies before. The reason those moments were so vividly distracting me was an effect of that. It was the danger of getting caught and the excitement that came from doing something wrong.

"Aren't you glad we won't be spending the night at prison?" Justin asked me as we got back to his car and drove away. He was probably asking me to be thankful for his influence over the school. I didn't feel thankful at all because it was his fault to begin with.

"Aren't you?" I directed him the question.

"I'm actually a bit curious to know what it feels like to sleep behind bars" Justin repelled the question smirking. "I'd be a bad ass ex-convict overnight" he jested making me shake my head at him and look outside the car windows to see a sleeping city.

"Where to next?" he asked making me look at him with narrowed eyes.

"It's 1 in the morning" I said as stated by his dashboard. The lecture wasted a lot of time.

"The good bars only open at 1" he stated making me release a sigh of exasperation.

"You're driving home" I pointed out. "You're working tomorrow."

Justin didn't say anything to argue back because he knew I was right. He pouted though which had no effect on me whatsoever.

"Let's go back to my place" he invited after thinking about it.

"I would like to go home" I countered looking outside again.

"You're not coming with me?" he asked with his baby talk.

"No, sir", was my simple response.

"You don't want to free Junior?"

The mention of the Venus flytrap made me look at my boss. His eyes were on the road and his clothes clung to his skin. His hair was still damp. I was in the same drenched position. The towels helped a little. It was the car's heater that kept us warm.

"We need a bath and a change of clothes" I said a bit worried my boss might get sick again. "Besides, haven't you have had enough fun?"

"You can never have enough fun" he told me turning to me just to wink.

"This is why old men are no fun" he followed with a light hearted tease. "They don't have enough stamina to keep up with us young ones."

That pushed a button of mine effectively. "The only thing brats like you have is energy."