Chapter 66 Bout

"You slutty dick!" Diane screamed at me. I was surprised that she reached me before I left. I had made the flight arrangement and was borrowing the company jet. My destination was France.

"Good evening to you too" I answered her instead. I went down the small staircase leading up the jet to safer ground. It would be a problem if she grabbed my feet and killed me in the hanger before I could do what I needed to do. Her eyes were like balls of fire. She had cut her hair from the last time I saw her. And all semblance of civility was gone.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going!?" She demanded. "You come back to the country just to mess around with my husband!"

"You're not married yet" I reminded her but she wasn't hearing it.

"I knew it from the first time I saw you! You're a fucking leech! You'll suck Richard and Justin dry! You act all fucking innocent!"

Diane didn't stop her march towards me with her claws out until one of the staff stopped her. "Let go!" She screamed. I smiled apologetic at the staff.

"I actually wanted to talk to you before I left" I told her.

"To what? Show you're true colors?"

"Look that picture isn't what you think-"

"Making excuses now? I can see through your act!"

"I wanted to say you deserve to be happy."

"Excuse me?"

She was too angry. It would be hard to get through to her making me sigh. She was able to take one of her high heels off which she tossed at me. I managed to deflect the heel hitting the back of my hand. It hurt. I sighed again.

"You were a bitch to me but you were important to Yvette, Richard and Justin. I still haven't forgiven the affair but that doesn't mean that I hate you."

"Well I fucking do!" She screamed at me struggling strongly that two staff members had to restrain her than one. "I hate you're fucking guts! Die, you piece of shit!"

"I rejected Richard. There's nothing going on between us-" I sidestepped to avoid getting hit by spit.

I controlled my own temper. "Look what I'm trying to say is that you should really think about  marrying Richard. If you do, both of you will only be miserable."

"Don't lecture me you faggot!" She dissed and I sighed again. Damn, does this girl ever listen to anyone? I was giving her fair warning. Richard had so easily said that he would leave her or have a lover beside her. It was plain to see that they had to rethink their decision. I was trying to help.

"So what if we're miserable? That's love for you!"

Those words made me pity her though I probably shouldn't. I had thought the same. Richard had thought the same. But we were wrong.

I had to make things right.

"Diane, I wish you and Richard can be happy" I asked before stepping back on the stairs to the jet entering and taking my seat.

"Face me, you coward!" was the last words I heard from her before door was closed. I hoped my words made any impact at all.

"We'll be taking off shortly, sir" the pilot told me before disappearing into the cockpit. I sighed again.

What a mess, I thought. It was clear that Richard and I had been too careless flaunting our personal lives in the open like that. I had a feeling it may have been the guard back then who took the picture but I really can't blame him.

The office and even my apartment was being swarmed by calls and reporters going on about the scandal. I had to leave Yvette and the press relations department to handle the chaos. It was as relief that it didn't affect any of the work Justin and I had done.