liar

Scarlet

I grabbed some pancake mix out of the pantry and turned on the stove. I swear I never have time for breakfast during the week but on the weekend, I make a huge breakfast big enough for a family of 3.

I had just put the bacon down when I heard someone knock on the door. Not expecting anyone I opened it revealing Tyler standing in front of me with flowers in his hand.

" What!"

Today I was not having it with him.

" Whats wrong with you, I just wanted to stop by and see if you're alright." He asked as he walks in.

" Why, your ass wasn't asking that last night when you left me at the worst moment for somebody else. Now the only reason I'm talking to you right now Is so I can get an explanation." I told him crossing my arms.

" I got pushed away from you because of all the people running past us and what do you mean I left you for someone else."

" Why play dumb, you know what the hell I'm talking about. I turned around looking for you and I saw you walk out the door holding someone's hand." I explained.

" I wasn't holding anybody's hand, I was just running away like everyone else." He answered.

With every word he said not once did he look me in the eyes, I know what I saw last night. It wasn't my imagination.

" Hey look, things happen and I'm sorry. I see you made breakfast, let's eat and forget all about this." He offered, giving me a peck on the lips.

As we ate I continuously heard Tyler's phone go off, I ignored at first but then it became the only thing he was paying attention to. I tried to have a conversation with but he just kept taking all his attention to the phone.

" Who are you talking to?"

" My mom. What, I can't text now." He answered.

I ignored his comment and continued to eat, he's talking to somebody and it isn't his mom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tyler thought it would be good to watch a movie, of course, he chose a romantic one attempting to win me over. During the movie, I got a text from an unknown number but then I remembered what happened last night. It was Jahseh.

Jahseh- Good morning 😊

- Good morning

Jahseh- I miss your face already 😂

Jahseh- what are you doing

" who you textin?" tyler asked pausing the movie.

" My mom."

" oh, so you get to text who ever and it's fine but when I do it I'm cheating." He defended

" it wouldn't be like that if you would just tell me the truth. " I reassured him.

" I am telling the truth, Maybe it was someone else you saw. I don't know, why would I lie."

I don't know, why won't yo ass tell me, I thought to myself.

" when I tried to talk to you, you kept paying attention to the hoes behind me. Now explain that." I strike back.

" you know what, I'm leaving. Call me when your ass stops accusing me of shit!" He yelled getting up to leave.

" I'd definitely will when your ass tells me the truth. Get out!" I Said pushing him right out the door.

I went to the kitchen grabbing a bottle of Hennessy out of the cabinet. I didn't even grab a glass I just drunk it straight from the bottle.

I went back to the living room and grabbed my phone.

- hey would you like to meet up tonight I want to see you again

Jahseh- Fuck yea give me your address I'll come pick you up

I know I had just met him last night but that doesn't matter to right now. I just want to talk to another guy besides Tyler.

Giving him my address he told me he was going to pick me up at 1:00. I'm saddened that I can't finish the bottle of Hennessy but I can't be going on a 'date' drunk.

I put on some jeans and a simple black t shirt with some converse. 1:00 came around as I heard a car pull up in front of the house.

I walked outside seeing jahseh get out of a nice black BMW i8.

" ayyyy!" He yelled out from the car.

I laughed walking around the car to the passenger's seat. We really didn't have an idea where to go so we just decided to have a walk around the park.

After a while, we sat down at one of the park benches.

" how old are you?" I asked him suddenly.

" 19"

" Same here." I replied

I scanned his face to see the tattoos, it hard to see since his hoodie was covering his face. He had 'numb' written under his left eye and 'alone' on top of his right eyebrow.

" what do your tattoos mean"

He hesitated with his answer.

" When I trust you I'll tell you."

" I thought you did trust me since you asked me for my number last night." I said.

" just because I talk to you doesn't mean I trust you. We only met yesterday, you can't trust people you just met that's how you get hurt." He preached.

Respecting his morals, I let it go.

We sat there for a couple more minutes till we both got hungry and pulled up to a Burger King. He ordered us some food and we ate in the car.

" you got a boyfriend." Jahseh asked me as he took a bite out of his sandwich.

" Yea but I don't know how long it's going to last. I think he's cheating on me, I try to confront but all he does is lie to my face." I told him honestly.

" leave his Pussy ass, he's just with you to hurt you. Don't let him pull a wall over your eyes, don't let him cause pain in your life."

Jahseh pulled out the Parking lot taking me home. I thanked him for today and walked into the house.

I know I shouldn't have went out with him when I have a boyfriend. But it did feel good to talk to someone and get something's off my chest.

Getting ready for bed I got a chance to about what Jahseh said.

Tyler is trying to hurt me if he wasn't he would have told me the truth. I need to talk to him. If I can't get through to him, then I don't know what I'll do.