Meeting the family

Scarlet

Today, me and jahseh have made a huge decision. I still don't agree with it but it's Jahseh stubborn ass I'm talking about.

Today is the day I meet his mom and little brother. I was highly nervous, his mom probably thinks I'm some bitch for leaving Jahseh.

But at the same time I was excited. I hope she gives me a chance and not just jump to conclusion.

He's told me something's about her but shit you never know till you meet them.

" Scarlet! You ready." I heard Jahseh yell from downstairs.

I took extra long to get ready, I wanted to look good tonight for his mom. Once I was finally ready, I headed downstairs to find Jansen sitting on the couch ready to go.

" Hey baby, what's wrong with you. You alright."

On the way there, It was really quite in the car. I was in deep thought the whole time. I looked up from the window and turned my attention to Jahseh.

" um..nothing, I'm fine. Just thinking." I reassured him.

" I know your not fine, I can tell. Your nervous as fuck. Don't worry, my mom will love you. Just don't piss her off though. She crazy."

Now I had a smile on my face. This is why I love him.

He pulled up to the house. Jahseh didn't even knock he just walked in.

" momma!!!" The minute he yelled, a little boy come running out.

" Jahseh!"

Jahseh bent down and hugged him.

" this Aiden" I introduced myself to him. He didn't really look like Jahseh but damn was he cute.

Jahseh walked us to the kitchen to meet his mother. He definitely got his looks from her. She was a beautiful women who looked no older than 30.

She was the pure definition of black don't crack.

Jahseh walked up to her and kissed her check.

" Scarlet! Don't be shy. Come here." I smiled as I approached her welcoming arms.

" I'm so happy you two got back together. You seemed the perfect Match for him. When you left I saw a part him I thought I would never see. I'm glad you made the right decision." She told me upfront.

" I'm glad as well. Good thing I made the decision before it was too late. I love him too much to lose him."

She gave me a soft and told us both to wait in the living room as she finished cooking.

" See, I told you she would love you. No more worrying alright." He said pecking me on the lips.

While waiting I was able to talk to Aiden. He was truly adorable. He taught me how to play the wii. I wondered if having kids was this fun.

After half an hour the food was finally ready. Cleopatra, his mom Made spaghetti and breadsticks.

After a long ass time of eating fast food and frozen meals in bags. I was finally having a homemade family meal. Actually with a family.

Something I barley had growing up.

While eating we all cracked jokes and told stories.

Just in one night I learned a lot about Jahseh. Things he never tells me. Like how his mom sent him to his grandmother because she couldn't take care of him.

And how he was in and out of juvenile. I really wasn't surprised by that. I can relate. I've been through it too. Her telling me this just put us closer together in my opinion.

" Jah, you should take her to your grandma. She's been begging to her."

" grandma will meet her ma I promise you that." He smiled at me.

I smiled back and continued to eat. When he smiles, I smile.

We were there for a couple of hours till we had to go back home. I had to work tomorrow so I don't have the time to be showing up late or not showing up at all.

Right before we left I gave Cleo a hug. Before I let go, she whispers into my ear.

" You take care of him now, I can't be going back and forth to go see him to make sure he's alright. I worry about him every second of the day and I can barely sleep at night not knowing what's he's doing. Please, make sure he stays out of trouble. He can't go back to jail, they'll take my baby and never let him out.

I know he has a bright future, him getting in trouble and such will Throw that future away. I'm trusting you to make sure he gets where he needs to be."

I let go of her and looked right into her eyes. A single tear and going down her face.

" I'll make sure happens. While I'm with him, nothing will happen. I've been through a lot. I know how it feels to be in this situation. I'll make sure he stays out of trouble. I promise you that." I gave her another hug before heading to the car.

Jahseh was just sitting there blasting music.

" Damn, women always got something to talk about right before leaving. We were there for hours but talk still wanna talk."

He said as I got into the car. I just laughed at his impatience.

" Don't worry Jahseh. We were just talking about you and your big ass forehead."

" Hey!!!"

He yelled as he tried to grab me. I laughed my ass off and kept slapping his hands away.

" You just jealous. The bigger my forehead the more smarter I am compared to you ass." He said pulling out of the drive way.

" Whatever, just take me home. I'm tired as fuck." I flicked him off and turned on the radio extra loud before he could say anything.

This is what I've been missing in the last couple of years.

Love and fun.

Two of the biggest thing I never had with Tyler. With Tyler I was dead, always working and staying at home with his demanding ass.

With Jahseh, I went to work and came home to a fun, loving boyfriend. Who doesn't lie, always wants to go somewhere. But the most important thing.

He's good as hell with his hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been gone way too long.