The First Signs

Mark was having a break down. So was Jack.
On two other sides of the house. Which meant that Mickey had to help both of them. At the same time.
Life can be difficult.
Mickey took in a deep breath. She hated doing this. But it was for Peter and David. She split in half, which was really just walking in two different directions, and walked away in two different directions. Which would have looked really weird if you weren't her.

"Mark, it's gonna be alright. You'll be able to handle it. You're strong and able."
"I don't want to be him. Why now? I thought I got rid of him. I want to keep myself. I want to be me." Mark asked in a quivering voice. His dog whimpered as she prodded her owner with her wet nose.
"'You're special, Mark" Mickey responded, rubbing the sad man's back with one had and petting Chica with the other. She was confused by what Mark said, but kept it to herself.

"Jack, there's no point in crying about it. Your going to get through it."
Jack rubbed his eyes and looked at Mickey.
"Your right."
Jack studied the teenage girl.
"Do you have any personal background, Mickey?" He asked.
Mickey looked at him, surprised.
"I guess. I have friends in my comic that I love..."
"Do have any guys in your life?"
Mickey became really nervous. Her breathing accelerated as she looked to the left, trying to avoid eye contact.
"I'm bisexual. I'm k-kinda looking for a girl." She stuttered. She seemed unsure, like the term was new to her.
"I didn't mean to intrude..." Jack went to apologized.
"No, it's alright. Umm, Abby wanted me to be more like her, I guess..."
There was an awkward pause of silence.
"I think you're one of a kind, Mickey. One of a kind."

"Thanks, Sean."