6

Afni was staring at the beautiful surrounding they had arrived in when the car had come to a screeching stop.

She watched as he switched off the car and unlocked it before stepping out. She followed suit as well.

They shut the door simultaneously as if on instinct and that's when she stopped to really look at him.

He was wearing a three piece grey suit that looked really expensive. He wore a grey tie and a white shirt with black dress shoes to go along.

He looked really handsome. Only when she realized what she was doing did she duck her head in shame.

He started walking in the direction of the huge mosque doors and she trotted along.

He opened the doors and strolled into the lavishly decorated mosque and walked towards the secluded section.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
An hour later, there she was, sitting in the car with her forceful husband. Then to take you back a few minutes ago,

"Assalamu alaykum Mr. Adnan,"

Afni heard someone say from behind the barrier and she instantly recognized the voice of the devil.

"Wa alaykumus salamu Wa rahmatullahi Wa barakatuhu. Kaifa haaluka, akhi(How are you, my brother)?"

A man probably the same age as Almir or even older queried as they shook hands.

"Ana bi khairin Wal hamdu lillah(I am good, all thanks to Allah)!"

He exclaimed and pulled the other green eyed man into his embrace as they did that man hug thing while Afni stood behind the barrier, a curtain watching them.

"What brings you here today? Did you get into a fight? And who is that lady i can see behind the curtain. Don't tell me you got married without telling your bestest friend in the world!"

He feigned hurt and Almir glared at him.

"I don't know what brought me here. Perhaps your appointment book will tell you what I am doing here."

He answered through gritted teeth. He hated everything scantily and liked order. And he was angry because Adnan knew that clearly.

"What?! How dare you talk to a qazi like that?"

He answered playfully but almir just growled at him and he scurried off but not before winking to probably look for that appointment book of his.

A few minutes later, he appeared with a pair of rectangular reading glasses resting on his face which made him look like an old man.

"Did you see it or not?"

Almir asked, irritated at his childish friend.

"Haha, so turns out you were right. You came to get married, and you booked your appointment a few weeks back."

He answered and stuck out his tongue. But Afni was confused. He had said weeks when clearly it was days since they arranged the agreement. She wondered if she had misheard him though.

"Put the thing back in your mouth before I cut it off and get your ass into that court room and get me married right now!"

Almir gritted out and his friend laughed. He hated waiting too. It got on his nerves and sometimes Adnan's behaviour was a contributing factor.

"What? You didn't even introduce me to the lady you were getting married to. How rude of you."

He exclaimed and turned to Afni who almost shrunk from behind the curtain.