7

The first thing Afni had seen was her mother's worried eyes as she searched for any harm on her daughter's face and asked if she was alright.

"Habibiti, where have you been? Are you alright? Are you fine? Did anything happen to you? I hope you said your morning prayers before stepping out!"

She shot at her immediately and she smiled sadly at her knowing what was to come. Almir stood to the side, watching the exchange with curious eyes.

"I am fine mother! I just want to talk to you and dad immediately."

She explained, twisting her hands anxiously. She never called her Ammi mother unless it was something serious.

"Sure, I'll call your Abba but what is wrong dear?"

Her Ammi asked sensing the seriousness of her daughter's words but she just shook her head and looked up at her mother's tall slim frame.

A few minutes later, Abba emerged from his room holding a tasbih (rosary) between his fingers and a cap was nestled on his curly coffee hair. It just so happened to be a public holiday that day.

She went over to him and hugged him. Her heart was beating so fast and her hands were sweaty at what she was about to do but she had to at least tell them she was married to his boss.

"Dear, how are you?"

He asked and she felt really sad but still answered him with a positive. He started walking towards the living room door where Almir was seated so she quickly stopped him.

"La! (No) Abba let's stay here and talk",

She insisted but he just continued walking there and she started freaking out.

"Habibiti (my love), you know your Abba is sick and old. Let me sit down ya bint (oh daughter)!"

He said and she opened her mouth to speak but it was too late.

He was already at the entrance. He stood at the doorway, staring at a clueless Almir and immediately, he rose to his feet in surprise.

"What are you doing here uh- boss?"

Abba asked and almir's eyes flickered to her questionally as if to say,

'you haven't told him yet?'

She touched her Abba on the shoulder and his gaze found her. She gestured for him to sit so that she could explain and he casually went in, muttering a Salam and sat down on his favorite recliner chair, directly opposite Almir.

She sat on the carpeted floor beside her Abba and then her Ammi sat on the love seat.

She started to inhale and exhale, mentally preparing herself for what was about to go down.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

When Almir saw afni coming out of her house, his first thought was,

'Very beautiful, masha Allah'

Then suddenly his expressions changed when he realized how much she had dressed up for the so called marriage that she didn't want.

But who wouldn't? After all he was the multi billionaire, Almir Akhdan! The most powerful and handsome man to walk this earth. She was just like the rest, using him to get to his money.

When the marriage was finalized, his first thought was,

'Can't these 12 months go by any faster?'

Just like hers had been but both had not voiced it out.

He couldn't imagine himself, The Almir, tied down to a gold digger like her. But she was an excellent actress so she might make his job easier.