13

The first thing Afni saw early in the morning was the very bright sunlight streaming through her bedroom windows.

She yawned, regretting that she forgot to close the blinds at night. She stretched her aching arms and sat up with still blurry eyes and reached up to wipe at them.

Slowly, her vision adjusted to the harsh sunlight and she took in her surroundings. The room that she was in was totally foreign to her in her dazed state.

That was definitely not her room. So where was she?

That's when everything came rushing back to her. Indeed, this was not her room from back home, no, this was her husband's house.

Husband! She totally forgot that she got married the day before. That's the main reason Afni loved sleep. It was an escape from reality. It was where she'd go to hide from her problems in the real world.

There, in her dreams, she had the power to control everything. She made her own decisions but in the real world, she was a damsel in distress.

She threw the tangled sheets off her legs and stood straight, feeling so refreshed for the first time in a while.

She hadn't slept so peacefully like she did in more than a week. Usually staying up till midnight and waking up as early as seven a.m to get to work.

She popped her shoulders and adjusted her clothes. She walked over to the door and gently opened it and stepped out.

Just at that moment, the bathroom door opened and out came Almir in just a towel around his waist.

She quickly turned around out of instinct. She had already trained herself to lower her gaze or completely turn around when a man is around even if that man was apparently her husband.

She had not grown comfortable with him so tough luck. And no she's not going to describe how amazing his rock hard abs were, at least not yet.

He also just ignored her because she was sure he had noticed her there and silently went into his room.

She got into the toilet and brushed her teeth before putting in a leave in shampoo onto her hair and covering it with a shower cap. Well, the one that could fit anyway.

She went out of the bathroom, liking the taste of the strawberry toothpaste she had used and the nice smelling tropical shampoo.

She went into the main room to get into her closet when she realised that he was nowhere to be found. He was probably in his own closet too.

She opened the door that led downstairs and descended the stairs. She headed towards the still unpacked luggage at the back and brought out her cyan scrubs for work and black palms.

She also took out a black hijab that she was going to wear and a black long sleeve inner shirt.

She went back inside to see the once opened door of the room closed. She guessed that he had just gone out.

She went back into the bathroom and stripped before taking a shower. Her muscles relaxed under the steaming yet soothing hot water. She washed her hair before coming out of the large shower cubicle.

She used a dryer to dry her wet hair. Finally she put on her work outfit and grabbed her handbag with all her stuff stored inside.

She went down the stairs to get something to eat before going out for her internship.

She went into the dining room to see everybody already seated excluding one person. And that one person ladies and gentlemen was none other than... guess who! If you guessed Almir then you my darlings are very correct.