19

A flurry of words kept spluttering out of Afni's instructors mouth. They were rushing to finish up. By then, her manners have improved and she was beginning to seem like a lady.

From eating gracefully, starting conversations and learning when to speak or not to impeccable fashion sense which she thought she already had before.

Just three more days until the long awaited ball. She still could not believe a month had passed by since she married that man.

Of course his daily tortures had reduced but he seemed more detached than he ever was. Abeer and Afnan became really close to her as if they shared the same blood.

Everyday she missed her family even more. Waiting for a sign that they were well and healthy but she received none.

In the third week of her training, lady Elizabeth Ann told her that every high class lady used a second name and from that day on, everybody addressed her as lady Nawrah Afni.

Nawrah was actually her first name which hardly anyone knew because she chose to be addressed as Afni but not anymore.

It was too formal but she didn't have a choice. Everybody was prepping for the ball. Abeer went shopping with her mother, leaving Afni to her torturous lessons with lady Elizabeth Ann.

Afni couldn't go along because she had to finish up her lessons and because for new members of the society, the one who is to marry them presents them with a dress but since she was already married... well you get the point.

There she was, stuck learning how to sit like a lady because aparently, she sat as if she held the world on her shoulders. In the literal way, mind you.

She made her sit up straight with her chin held high and her hands tucked on her laps and her ankles crossed to the side.

Suprisingly, it came easily considering the weeks she had to learn to correct her posture in which she was failing horribly.

"Ah, can I go now? I'm supposed to meet with mom and sister for our beauty treatments."

She lied to get out of the hell hole.

Her instructor put her fingers to her chin, thinking and observing Afni, barely even listening to her request. She had to repeat it thrice before she heard.

The older woman clapped her hands and made a squeal like sound, obviously happy with what she was seeing.

"Yes, yes. We're done anyway. Ta-ta."

She kissed both of Afni's cheeks and walked out of the room.

Afni sighed and stood up, relaxing her shoulders for a while before correcting her posture. She picked up her purse from the floor and went out the door.

She had lied about going with mom and Abeer but she was definitely going to go and relax at the beauty spa.

She got into the silver sports car that was waiting for her along with the driver and her assigned bodyguard.

The driver drove off to the place Afni asked him to take her, the spa she went to with her mother and sister always.

She stepped out of the car and the loyal bodyguard followed, always a few feet behind her.

The building exterior was made mostly with glass. The waiting room could be seen through the sparkly glass with people moving all about in a frenzied manner but nothing more.

As Afni walked towards the entrance of the building which was decorated with flower bushes and grass as green as emerald- fake of course, a woman of color smiled brightly at her, acknowledging her presence.

"Hello! Welcome to Cassabelle's and I hope you have a wonderful time today. May I show you inside?"

Her accent suggested that she was of African descent, maybe South Africa but Afni couldn't be sure and she felt it would be rude to ask so she just smiled back at the woman.

"Thank you! And don't worry about it. I know my way around."

She replied instead and winked at the golden lady. The tall lady with wild curly black hair turned to look at Afni's escort who was standing so quietly and stiffly behind her.

"Sir, I'm sorry but men are not allowed in here. It's a women's spa and there are muslim's in here. You can wait for her in the cafe across the street. I highly recommend their mille-feuille and chocolat l'ancienne."

All she got in response was a grunt and then he turned and walked away. The women laughed in surprise and Afni walked into the spa, waving goodbye at the nice lady.

The moment she stepped in, all eyes turned on her. It was not everyday that they got customers as well dressed as she was in what she thought was her simplest attire.

With all the stares on her, she felt like shrinking in the corner. Nobody approached her although, they all stared intently.

She finally found the strength to move her feet and walked towards the front desk. Then as if with a snap of a finger, all chatter resumed and everybody went back to what they were doing before.

Mostly all the gossip was now about her; middle aged women wondering who she was and the young women envying her obvious wealthy status, though they did not know how she acquired it.

She payed no heed to the conspicuous tattle of prying women and asked at the reception for a facial package, a full body massage and a manicure- pedicure that the spa offered.

She was taken to a changing room, where she changed into a black bathrobe with a zip at the back and slippers.

"Hi! I'm Mary and I'm going to be your saloonist for the day. Would you like the massage first then the other packages or the other way?"

A short Asian asked with an American accent after Afni had finished changing.

"Hello. I'd like to start with the massage, please."

She was led to a room by Mary which was already occupied with another customer and her saloonist.

Afni payed no attention to them as Mary started to apply different kinds of scented oils on Afni's body.

When Mary started, Afni couldn't help but moan at the pleasure of released muscles. She was enjoying herself and she knew she deserved it, after all she went through for the past month.

"Wait! I know that moan anywhere. Afni?!"

The voice sent shock waves through Afni as she sat up to face Aiza who had a bewildered expression on her face.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Dun dun dun! Comment what you think will happen and vote.