Infection

It was now the morning before the second trip to the sublevel. The previous night Dez had fully memorized the paths to take to get to the room with the test subject. After accomplishing this, she tore the piece of paper, holding the information, into shreds and flushed it down the toilet. Once this was completed, Chance wished her a good night's rest and handed her back the screwdriver, but there was something off about him. He appeared to be greatly troubled by something, but she didn't know what. Maybe it had something to do with what he saw in that room in the sublevel. Granted, the entire floor was awful, so in reality it wasn't surprising to find him troubled.

Thus, she brushed her concern aside and headed out into the hall, wearing her black jacket with the inside pocket, a blue v-neck, and black shorts, while black sneakers were on her feet. After closing her door, she made her way to the kitchen. The flies in their pink uniforms were the same as always. They made their according buzzing sounds, while their eyes were dancing with hate and longing. Regardless, she ignored them, since they weren't part of her concern. Right now, she needed to focus on attaining the proper tool from the kitchen without the chefs noticing.

This would be no easy task, but maybe she could create a distraction of sorts like when she needed the screwdriver. Still, she would have to be mindful of the camera in the cooking area. Getting caught on film wouldn't be any less harmful than the chefs seeing her action. When she found herself in front of the door, leading to the kitchen, she opened it and walked inside. The chefs' grey uniforms allowed them to blend in with their metal surroundings, as they performed their work and cooked for the flies out in the dining hall. Her grey eyes did a quick scan of the space before finding the item she needed. It was hanging by one of the hooks over the metal island.

Concerning the matter of the hooks, they weren't sharp and made of metal, but were rather constructed out of plastic, so as to prevent some manner of injuries. These hooks were attached to a metal hanging rack, which swayed slightly if someone took a utensil from it. She could somehow use its build to her advantage. Deciding upon such an idea, she took her seat on one of the stools in the kitchen, while one of the chefs set a plate in front of her. Upon it lay two slices of bacon, a berry yogurt parfait and a bowl of honey granola for the parfait. Moreover, the chef placed a glass of orange juice next to the plate. It was a nice meal, but some of it would have to go to waste, since she could only think of one plan at the moment.

Dipping her spoon into the yogurt, she brought the utensil to her mouth before consuming the sweet food on it. Once she took a couple of bites and ate one of the bacons, she figured it was time to act. Since she had left the bowl of granola untouched, she took her right hand and rested it on the bowl. Within the time span of a second, she pretended to have accidently knocked over the bowl, which caused the granola to spill out across the tiled floor.

A few seconds after the accident, a chef walked down that way only to end up slipping on the tile. As he fell backwards, his left hand and arm impacted against the metal rack but not with enough force so as to knock the tools off. Annoyed by this, she went to toss another item onto the floor, but another chef had come running over to see what happened to the first. In the end they were too late. They didn't see the granola covered floor, which in turn made them fall. Their right foot pushed against the stool Dez was sitting on, causing the piece of furniture to lose its balance.

The moment this occurred, Dez's right hand found itself slamming against the plate, while she fell back with the stool. Thus, the food flew into the air before impacting the rack roughly. A slice of bacon became skewered on one of the hooks, while the jar slammed into the metal. This proceeded to cause the jar to shatter into pieces, as yogurt and berries went everywhere. Glass pieces fell onto the floor and some landed in front of a chef's foot. Before they could correct their action to step forward, it was too late and their right foot made contact with the sharp objects. One must have gone through their shoe, as they soon cried out in pain and brought their leg up before proceeding to hop around. In the process, they lost their balance and fell to their left side.